Used 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

moving on!
By Stuart Rosenbaum

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Doesnt hold its value any better then any other brand

A jewel in the rough
By Great One

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The SUV exceeded all expectations. I paid 21k brand new for an AWD model and it has been flawless for 65k miles. I do regular maintenance myself and it has never once needed repairs, other than routine maintenance and a set of tires. Still on OE brakes. It is roomy and comfortable and, for the price, provides decent bluetotth, and a modest music system. Yes, it is underpowered, and the gas mileage could be better, but overall, far exceeds expectations, particularly at this price point. An outstanding value, way better than my 2017 Santa Fe Sport.

Six Years New
By Michael MacKinney

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

No repairs or complaints in over six years. Maintenance is the only requirement our Santa Fe. When considering a midsize SUV, the Hyundai Santa Fe with the V6 is the only way to go! Fun, really fun to drive. All who have driven it have been complimentary about the pickup and handling of our Santa Fe. My wife loved her minivan until we purchased the Santa Fe. I've been stuck with the minivan for the last two years, she loves the handling of our SUV for all of her driving (for long trips the minivan is quieter and holds more stuff + I'm stuck driving). The Santa Fe is the only vehicle I've owned with no repairs needed for this length of time. Highway mileage is about 26 mpg (24-28) strong head/cross winds make a difference. The trip computer reads about 5% above my mpg calculations.
Our Santa Fe was traded for a smaller vehicle, hated to see it go but my wife bought me the coupe of my dreams.

I love my Santa Fe!
By Arretta Johnson

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ONLY reason I need to sell is because my family has outgrown it and I now need a vehicle with at least 6 seats! I've owned one other SUV/crossover and this vehicle's gas mileage is really nice and I'm certainly going to miss it! It has an exceptionally large trunk for its class and has NEVER BEEN WRECKED!!!! I bought this car from my father in October, making me the second owner. The vehicle's value when I paid for my tags (October 2015) was $15,000. I've only put about 25,000 miles on it; my family of 5 has now made a trip to South Carolina for Christmas to see my family and a trip to Florida for summer vacation at the family condo to see more family, and it's been great! For this second trip, I purchased the cross-bars to complete the roof rack accessory, and the dealership installed those for me. I have kept strict reigns on regulatory maintenance, and just replaced the battery last week; it comes with a 5 year warranty.

Hyundai not trustworthy about mpg
By Belinda

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The MPG was NEVER what was advertised no matter how careful I drove. Also, I kept track of every tank and the built in computer system was rigged, showing exactly 1 mpg over what I was truly getting. This sounds petty to complain about but I see the Elantra is mis-advertised as well but was advertised to get 10 or more mpg verses what customers actually got. Also, HATED the wiper control placement. Frequently when changing the radio station, I'd accidently brush against my wiper switch causing wiper fluid to splash all over my newly waxed vehicle. Noise level started out minimal but within months the wind factor when highway driving was LOUD so I can only believe the window and door seals were deteriorating. On the other hand, this vehicle was very comfortable, rode smooth and I loved the storage in the back by the spare tire. The storage area had sections so things could be divided. Loved that part of it. I also slept in the back seat during a camping trip. Back seats reclined....very comfortable.