Used 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

bad value
By dalaska

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I own two 2011 santa fe's and four 2005 santa fe's..the maintenance costs for the 2011's are triple the 2005's for the first 35, 000 miles. I wish I had not purchased the 2011"s. I am really disspapointed after owning the 05"s. they went downhill...I have gone thru 4 front hub bearings, 3 lower ball joints, 2 tierod ends, 4 sway bar links, 3 power steering pumps in the 2011"s and it is still not over.

comfortable to drive..

improve wheel bearings, lower ball joints, CV axels, tie rod ends, rear swaybar stablizers, and power steering system.

cost to own
By ksig

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The good news is that this is a great road car and does a nice job in snowy weather.
On mixed town and highway i'm getting 23.5 mpg.
Now for the bad news, with just a little over $26,000 miles I'm looking at a total maintenance cost of just over $1,300.
this is well over the Edmunds figure.
the 15k service was $282.
the 30k will be $550.
I'm also expected to have serivce to the rear differential and transfer cases @$120 each. Finally, there is some filter that needs to be replaced at 30k that will cost $250.

mileage is pretty good for a car this size.

My Last Hyundai
By fernellav

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2011 on 01/15/2011 started experiencing transmission prob late 2011, Jan 2012 vehicle no longer wants to go into park or reverse need to turn off and turn on. only driver and 8000 miles. Customer service is non-existent everyone bouncing me around cannot provide me with a loaner to get around my sales rep tells me he is no mechanic the dealer where bought sends me to another dealer really? I traded it and got me an escape trust this works better at least I know their customer service is way better having had a ford before

Improve your transmissions this is the second Hyundai have had with this problem as I had an Accent before

I really like my Santa Fe
By maine_cpa

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the "bait and switch" car from the newspaper ad, so I think I got a very good price. It's stripped down, 4 cylinder, front wheel drive, but has the bluetooth, ipod connector, hands-free phone, and radio controls on the steering wheel. today, it's 1 year old, 10,000 miles.

Mileage is about 22 in the city but rises to 26+ on the highway if I keep to 65 and use the "manual" feature of the automatic transmission to force it to stay in 6th gear. I also drive conservatively in general. It will get up and go if you ask it to, but mpg's will suffer.

The ride is on the firm side but I like it. it handles corners exceptionally well. The interior space is just great, especially for rear passengers. The fold down seats make the cargo space as big as I'll ever need.

Poor gas mileage
By geobcon

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The MPG, when having first purchased the Hyundai Santa Fe, was upwards of 25.5 on trips and around 22 to 23 in the city driving.
This was the prime reason I got rid of my Dodge Dakota which was giving me 16MPG/18MPG city/highway respectively.
My total driven miles since the lease of my Santa Fe are 3800 +/- as of 12/12/11.

About a week ago, 12/05/11, the MPG had decreased to 19.0 MPG on trips and very little change in city driving.
I filled the tank and noted that the MPG reading went back up to 24.0 MPG for a few miles then dropped back to 19.0 MPG whether I was on the road at a constant 60 MPH or driving in the city at 30 MPH
Checking the actual miles driven since the last fill-up (on 12/12/11) with the gallons of gas consumed, i.e. Miles/Gallons used, the MPG calculated to 18.0 MPG. Why??
The odometer resets the MPG after fill up. I’m up to 19.8MPG having driven 3 miles from the gas station and will continue to monitor the MPG to see if it reaches the expected MPG (the reason I purchased a Hyundai)

I brought the car to the dealership (where leased on 09/12/11) to have the problem checked and they weren’t able to find any problem other than the tire pressure was down by 3 psi. Our temp had fallen to below freezing that day but even so, when the problem first occurred, the temp was in the 60’s.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and if so, is there a solution?