Used 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Best in Class and Price
By dracula

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 4 years of searching and researching options, I finally decided on the Hyundai. I recently took it for a short vacation trip to Helen, Ga, which is in the mountains and I was certainly glad I bought the 6 cylinder. I never had a power issue climbing the medium grade hills in that area. I got exceptional gas mileage; at least the advertised mileage but then I was not in a hurry to get there and did the posted speed limits and didn't gun it at lights or stop signs to get "of the line". It was very quiet and comfortable. The XM radio was nice, however, it did cut out along the shaded tree roads. The accelerator takes a little time to get use to. It does seem to jump a little.

The storage compartment under the rear deck is a plus. Safe out of sight place to put a purse or small packages. The sound system was a pleasant experience on the highway.

The trip and reset meter is hard to see and thus hard to use when driving. I would like to see some protection along the doors to prevent dings from careless people parking next to you. Nothing worse than your NEW car getting de-flowered with a ding or chip.

Great car
By joehardware

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this as an import fan, and haven't been disappointed. Have owned Acura, Mazda, and VW prior to this, and I can say that it's of equal, if not better quality, than the lot of them. Fun to drive, and the 3.5L V6 is a no brainer if you're considering this. I test drove many of the competitors in this class, and none compared value wise. 276 hp makes it a great choice if you like to experience where you're going as opposed to just getting there.

3.5L V6, sound system, comfort, bang for dollar

better mpg

Revised: No Longer completely satisfied!
By tedrik

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an update from my review from 05/09/10. I absolutely loved everything about this car (past tense). I have been experiencing transmission problems which seems to be worsening. I am experiencing rough- "clunking" and abrupt shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear. Also at first start after overnight I hear a metal clanging from underneath towards the back/underside of the vehicle right after the first "clunk". Hyundai has "no fix". They have been reflashing the tcm's, ecm's, installing "new transmissions" with the same problems! Hyundai needs to step-up and remedy this problem. Purportedly it was defective transmissions from 1st production runs.

see original review

install new defect-free transmissions from corrected 2nd run assembly plant production.

Oil Leak & Trans Issues
By NDPA

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first and LAST Hyundai I will EVER buy. I typically buy Honda (Accord, CR-V), but I bought the SF based on good reviews (Consumer Reports, etc.), enjoyable test drive, and apparent bang for the buck over the new CR-Vs. After 8K miles I have had 2 oil leaks (Timing Chain Cover Seal + cracked oil filter housing), & the intermittent transmission issues (hard shift, banging, lurching, etc.) that so many others have had. I will now crawl back to Honda for my next new car. It's a shame because without those MAJOR, inexcusable issues, the Santa Fe is an otherwise enjoyable vehicle. I thought Hyundai had done a 180 from the laughing stock it once was, looks like I was wrong.

Interior is very comfortable & stylish, V6 has some get-up, exterior styling. Also thank God it has a 100,000 warranty (although I seriously doubt I will keep it that long)

Quality & reliability. Everything under the hood.

Odor in AC
By Susan

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe from Coconut Creek and complained about the odor in my car. They would not honor my warranty and wanted to charge $140 for repairs. I took it to another dealer and they used disinfectant and the smell came back. Hyundai admits the problem because they changed the ionizer to eliminate bad odors. I wouldn't buy another Hyundai again since they are not standing behind their problem with the AC

None, even the leather does not smell like leather

Improve the AC and get rid of the mildew.