Used 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

Brakes and caliber maintance

gf, 09/19/2010
Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe I have to have the Calibers /brakes cleaned and lubricated every 12,000 miles or the brakes "burn up and Lock up" this is what the dealers said and it did happen to a friend of mine! Why aren't customers told this before we buy? reliability? poor

New Car conks out

Smiths, 10/30/2010
SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

2009 Sante Fe conked out at the exit ramp. It was a bit dangerous since the ramp had a blind curve. I stopped at the light at the end of the ramp, when it turned green and depressed gas pedal, the car just died. During this time I tried starting it off and on, no luck. After 45 min tow truck came, then I tried to start again and started right up. I've traded it in, I couldn't trust it anymore. I do travel a lot, and alone sometimes, so I don't want to be on the side of the road broke down. The dealership couldn't find anything wrong with it. If it weren't for that one breakdown incident, I loved the vehicle. Too paranoid it would break down again. limited back view

NOT SO GREAT AFTER ALL !!!

MAZZ, 08/23/2017
SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Don't be fooled by the 10 warranty!!!! It b-- s---...... Dealers say " I can't duplicate the problem... Are you kidding me, I am in the car with the tech and he can't feel the vibration, noise, and twisting of the steering...I was floored. The ride is rough...And steering is light....I have 68k miles, and I am disappointed.... I need new tires after 40k miles (have firestones) now (not cheap tires). I have had nothing but issues - front suspension...

2.7 + 5 spd manual, a mistake

whoops, 09/10/2009
GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the 2.7 with 5 speed manual. This power train combination is very disappointing and should be avoided. Recommended shift points are at 15 mph. 25 mph. 35 mph. and 45mph (each of these coincide with very close to 3,000 rpm). Slower-than- expected acceleration from a stop is unnerving, with over-anxious drivers behind you. After 1200 mile break-in (not traveling above 55 mph)the drivetrain mismatch becomes evident, as you can only reach and maintain 65 mph by sustaining 3,000 rpm or higher in 5th gear! Slight hills challenge you to maintain speed, even with no load. I believe this car fails to meet the minimum performance requirements for safe driving on U.S. interstate highways.

I Trusted the reviews

rRobert W. Grant, 02/05/2010
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 2009 Santa Fe had a major engine failure after 10 days (400K). The repair took 5 days. My request for a replacement vehicle was declined even though I was led to believe that this would be the case. In the meantime, one tail-light has water in it, the driver door vibrates and clicks, the fuel consumption is now 17 litres per 100K and the seats are terrible.

12345...21