Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 345 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Just the mileage is poor
By Monty

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I actually think that Hyundai must have determined its 'city' mileage based on suburban driving. Living downtown, continuously stopping and starting, I am getting 15.3 regardless of the kind of fuel I use. I am also a very relaxed driver.

Better mileage estimates. For clarity's sake.

Will not buy Hyundai again
By cole

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving is decent for an SUV along with the looks however I have owned my "first-time Hyundai" 2 months and it has been in the shop over half of that due to a sunroof issue. I am on my 5th sunroof and the problems are still not corrected. I contacted the consumer affairs department and received a case number and that is the last time I have heard from them. I have called to update information and have been told repeatedly that my case manager will be in touch and this has been going on for a month with still no contact. The sunroof still leaks and when open rattles to the point it sounds like the glass is going to brake. Now, I am again waiting for them to decide what to do. Horrible!

Blue instrumentation panel and cup holders light up. The biggest seller was the storage under the cargo area which is great and reclining back seat.

Better gas mileage, front head rest needs to sit further back and figure out what the problems are with the sunroofs on the Santa Fe since I have been told there have been several problems with them after the fact.

Best new car I have owned
By wjpjr

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at Honda, Toyota, Subaru and Ford. This car has them all beat. Hyundai has put together an incredible package for the money. The car looks great and is a lot of fun to drive. The car has the feel of a larger car. I don't feel like I'm driving a smaller SUV. Never dreamed I would own a Hyundai

Handling, performance and a quiet ride.

Front seat could go back about an inch more. Headrest should be able to go back about half an inch more. Need to be able to turn down the dash lights a bit more. They seem glary on a dark night in the country.

After 6 months, pretty impressed.
By Chasman

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked at all of the SUV's / CUV's in this class and while I was trying to steer her other more conservative directions, she liked the Santa Fe the most so we bought. I have been impressed so far with the overall design, build quality, and performance of this vehicle. We have had it back to the dealer for a few very minor warranty issues and everything has been handled in a satisfactory manner. If Hyundai continues this direction then they will no doubt be a serious threat to Toyota and Honda in short order. IMO Toyota and Honda still have an edge in quality and reputation, but Hyundai is a better value...you get much more for your money.

Nice, sleek look; very quiet interior; good ride and interior roominess; above average build-quality; dual / automatic climate controls; heated seats; XM radio; all the latest and greatest safety features...standard; impressive warranty; large side-view mirrors.

MP3 Player input to the stereo; more driver seat control options; little better on the MPG; more user-friendly design of the keyless entry fob (the panic button is on the back side and easily gets inadvertently pressed).

Super Value
By Super Value

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I checked many cars, and Santa Fe felt better than any of them for less money. I had a difficult time getting over the name "Hyundai", but I am glad I did. I saved myself a lot of money and I have a great car!!!! More I drive this car more I like it. I still get stunned every time I turn how tight the turning radius is. I just added the "premium package" and enjoy my moon roof on "top" of everything else this car has. It's a great crossover SUV that drives like a luxury car but has plenty of storage and power of the SUV.

PRICE!!!!! Warranty!!! Safety ratings!!!!! Smooth and quiet ride, tight turning radius, 5 spd overdrive lets you operate transmission manually, standard ESC (stability control), AWD, heated seats, dual climate control, indicator of average gas usage, tire pressure monitoring, and the list can go on.

Hyundai changed the tail blinker light from yellow to red on the newer models. I think it's more visible for the drivers behind to be alerted with the yellow light rather than red when you are showing a turn signal. That's it!!!!!