Used 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Transmission
By SHERI LOTHRIDGE

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Santa Fe in 2006, within a couple of months I was in having the Cruise control switch replaced and a year later I started having problems with the down shifting to 3rd. They changed out a sensor. In the winter of 09 it didn't want to go into drive when cold brought it in. Couldn't duplicate so there was "nothing wrong". Still having problem. On 4/29/10 the shifting problems started again, so I brought the car back into the shop to have them say "nothing wrong" so they reset the computer. So I picked up my car and two days later I was stuck in the parking lot not able to go anywhere. Lets say it is in the shop waiting approval for new transmission!

I love the turning radius on the vehicle

Bigger lumbar power seat fix the transmision issues

Can't get rid of it....
By B

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my first HY back in July of 2009. For $12K I got 2006 HY SF GLS 2.7 V6 2WD with 25K miles. Since then I have put 10K miles on it. This car has so far exceeded my expectations. As a guy, I have never fallen in love with exterior of the old style SF, but my wife did and since the car was mainly for her I relented. Gas Mileage is better than the Tahoe and even my current 2003 V6 Ford F150. To be honest, I tried very much to rationally to find a valid reason to upgrade to a newer vehicle with all the recent deals, but for what we paid for and how surprisingly functional it has been and how much the wife likes it, I can’t justify letting it go. I have grown to respect it.

Rear Seat and cargo area size, rear windshield hatch, standard alloys and standard alloy spare.

A little bit more driver leg room and driver seat space as we tend to be the biggest person in the car. Arm rests.

Best of the best
By Ralph

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We switched from Ford in 2002 and bought our first Santa Fe. Since then we have owned three and have loved every one. Only expenses have been regular maintenance and tires. Warranty has never been a problem with our dealer and all work has been done in a timely manner. I have also owned an Accent and now have an Elantra and would recommend any of them. Fuel economy on the Santa fe is 24 to 27 on the road at freeway speeds. We have 67000 miles on it and never had any problems.

Driving comfort is great,AWD is fantastic in Wyoming winters.

redesign center console cup holders

Great SUV
By kjr2492

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a used Hyundai Santa Fe limited with 4WD and the 3.5 V^. It is fully loaded from leather seats to heated seats and moon roof and 6 disc changer. So far I love the ride even though it is used still drives like a new vehicle.

Leather, heated seats, comfort and everything else besides the gas mileage.

Should have higher gas mileage but other then that nothing so far.

Not so good
By beth88182

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my first Hyundai 2006 Santa Fe in 8/05. I bought the car because everything I read was talking about how good the cars were & how great the warranty was. I have put roughly 27,000 miles on my car since then. I have had several minor, but irritating, issues with the car lately. (1) a piece luggage rack flew off- I never used it (2) driver’s seat seam has come apart, the stitching came undone-clearly a defect (3) another obvious defect is the back windows (that don’t open) and the back windshield leak. All of my issues are fairly minor and should not be hard to fix. I guess that is why I don’t understand why I am having so much trouble getting them fixed under warranty.

I like the car, I am just very disappointed with the service and warranty.

Better service and actually have a good warranty, not just say it.