Used 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Great Car
By Bob Ault

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase this Santa Fe used with 25k. The only problem I encountered was a defective rear seat hatch which was covered under the factory warranty. At 54k it still has 30% front and 90% original factory brakes. It rides like a car, gets acceptable mileage and very easy to get in and out of.

Great stereo system.

Love it so far
By Gail

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used with over 70,000 miles. Love the car so far, except for fuel economy - coming out of a standard 4-cyl Accord this is a shocker to me. The Santa Fe is awesome in all aspects except for the fuel. I cannot wait to try it in the snow and I am looking forward to buying an updated model after this one. Would definitely buy another one.

Outside paint, stereo, interior.

They need to work on the gas mileage. Also the AWD feature should be able to be turned on and off and not always on.

By viennadarling

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV after driving a Jeep for years. I thought nothing would compare to my old Jeep, but the Santa Fe definitely holds its own. I'm rather short, but the Santa Fe has great visibility all around. The only thing I would change is the tan interior; I have dogs and the seats need shampooed quite frequently. Its easy and fun to drive and hasn't given me a problem yet.

Exterior design, visibility, stereo system, comfort, handling

Tan interior

Time to move on, with no problems
By Matt

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with 17k mi on it. It now has 137k mi. I have only had one major issue. The throttle position sensor went out. After I found a mechanic who could identify the problem, it only too an hour to fix and the cost was minimal. The factory tires lasted 100k mi. Another problem that was really a non issue, is that when I let the gas get too low the check engine light lit up after i filled it up and stayed on till i used half that tank of gas. I averaged about 20 mpg on all highway miles. It still runs great, just time to move on.

Size, handling through bad weather (never felt scary in some hard winters), reliability.

Speed limit is 70 here in Iowa and at 75 the engine is spinning at about 3k rpm, maybe revisit the gearing. Better hardware on the back seat pull handles, mine kept coming un done when trying to fold seats. More of an inconvenience than anything.

So far Great
By laustin

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after nothing but problems with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado. I did research on the sante fe and bought it for the warranty. Great room in back for beach chairs, moving furniture, etc. Good cup holders. Good seats. Only thing I don't like is the engine doesn't seem to have alot of "umpf" but then again I don't need to go more than 70 mph. Have 60k miles now. hope this lasts a very long time for me!

radio/6 disc cd changer; sunroof