Used 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Great, no hassle, reliable quality car!
By boisegal

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my car since purchase, over five years now and never one problem! It's very reliable, works great for hauling around family, stuff, and friends. Still looks good, and cleans up nicely. I was in an accident three years ago, had front-end rebuilt. And still, never one problem before or after. These are great quality vehicles.

Sunroof is a nice touch.

Fold down seats in back can be a pain. You have to remove the headrest, pull up bottom seat, then lower backrest. Bad design. After all that work, they still down lay flat all the way.

Brake hog
By KATHY SEDGWICK

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a money maker for the service department when it comes to the brakes. I have had to replace the brakes almost every 20,000-25,000 miles. I will not be buying another Hyundai again. Will be going back to a Ford or Chevy!

Fix the brake problem!

Loving my Santa Fe.
By Mrs Jackie

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV that I have ever had the pleasure to drive. And I found that it has spoiled me rotten. Love everything about it. I am also short but it is easy to get in an out of. And it has the smoothest ride. I highly recommend the Santa Fe to anyone who is in the market to purchase and SUV. It is roomy and also durable. It has class an style. I have no complaints at all about the Santa Fe. I just love it love it love it.

the engine is smooth. the cd and cassette deck came in handy for me and i love the not too big not too small, just perfect..

only one thing i wished that it had was the security lights that goes off automatic once you leave your car.

Warranty issues
By H Leal

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but warranty problems. The 1st was rust spots all over. It took over 6 months and 2 dealerships, warranty dept, regional DPSM, BBB. Now body side moulding fell off, they said not covered because it is 3/36000, but it's 5/60000. Conference calls with dealer, warranty dept and DPSM still nothing done. Service and warranty mean nothing. I bought because of warranty and it is all a lie. Never buy another again.

Fun to drive, good mileage, comfortable.

Honor the warranty in the owners manual and advertising. Offer customer service, don't treat customer like it's a favor to fix it.

I LOVE my Santa Fe!
By davis

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our car about 5 months ago and have done quite a bit of light off-roading in it and it handles great, and though we've probably asked for it a few times, it hasn't left us stranded. Performs like a champ in poor conditions and I think it is an extremely comfortable ride. Not so fond of the engine rumble between 60-70 mph, but I'm assuming that has something to do with either the AWD or the miles on the vehicle. Only problem we've had with it thus far is the accelerator sensor which we replaced for a relatively reasonable cost (and frankly, the same thing went out on our Kia which is two years newer the same week). It's a sexy cute little suv and reliable too :)

I LOVE the exterior curvy thing it's got going on, I love the reliability and the AWD. Very comfortable front and back and lots of room. I'm quite tall for a woman and don't feel crunched in the front seat like I do in sedans.

60-70 mph "rumble" not entirely fond of the controls for the heater/ac. You have to take a little more time looking at the display than I feel is safe when driving to adjust it.