Used 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Santa Fe Experience
By csluvsb

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle because I loved the way it looked and drove and especially the comfort I felt sitting behind the wheel. I had no reluctance because I had purchased other new styles of vehicles that were new to the auto market in the 70's and although I had bad luck with them I felt like I was doing the right thing in purchasing this Santa Fe as my first New Vehicle since 1976. I had in the past 23 years since I traded my last vehicle I bought brand new in 1976 purchased used vehicles because I figured they had all the bad things happened to them already if they had new car flaws. After driving the Santa Fe for 10 weeks, I think I made a Good choice.

Style,comfort and great pick-up with the 3.5 Liter 6 cylinder Engine. I am towing a Pop-up camper with absolutely no Problem.

More enhanced Stereo System with Satelite Radio and Multi-disk changer as options.

Great family and work suv
By Mike Conroy

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The SantaFe is a great reliable SUV to have. Its a great SUV for families and for work. It not the greatest for fuel economy, but it isnt bad compared to most other SUV's. The SantaFe is amazing for storage for vacation, tools, and supplies that you need to move because of the back seat that folds down to the ground. Buy this SUV and you will love it so much.

The best things about the SantaFe is the back seat that folds down to the ground. Also the gear shift is great and the available 3.5Liter engine is the best thing about the Hyundai SantaFe. Other things are the heated seats, 6 in dash cd player, climate control, and the design of the Hyundai SantaFe.

The Hyundai SantaFe needs better fuel economy and needs to improve the room for the driver. What I mean is the SantaFe is not good for long drives so they should make the drivers side more comfortable for the driver.

Sante fe
By mikey

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Sante Fe rides great. So good, that sometimes I look down at the speedometer and I'm shocked at how fast I'm going! It has such a smooth and comfortable ride. Honestly, I bought it mainly for the warranty but now I'd buy another one in a minute!

Smooth ride regardless of speed

The cover on the gear shift, which is located between the driver and passenger seats, is chrome. When the sun hits it the right way, it can be blinding for the driver. I cover mine with a towel during sunny days.

Best Small SUV
By mason702

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

All people that want to get a great SUV and dont care about brand of care... this is the car for you. When I drive this car, I feel very comfortable. Because that car has stability control you can take a 50 degree turn at 40 mph.

I love that this car has 6 air bags

Gas mileage on sticker price says 27 on highway, but the best I ever got in three months is 19.234. 98% of my driving is highway driving ... I drive at least 70 mile on the highway a day, and about 4 miles on local road.

Hyundai ..what a great suv
By rjwittmayer

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looks better than a honda crv and rides better to..When I drive my Hyundai people turn around and look. Best looking suv in it's class and one of the best looking of all suv's.. My Santa Fe has great looks ..7 air bags 60 months 60,000 mile war.. 10 years 100 thousand mile war for the power train...what other company offer that,,,,,,,,,,,none... 3 years 36 months for paint 2 years 24 months battery 3 years on the tires..top that you can't

can't name just 1..just try it out and if your thinking of buying one go to the internet and look up the Hyundia club and read for your self what a great suv it is.I bought one and i'll buy another in ten years because there built to last....

no improvements needed