Used 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...88

Pros
Cons

Lived to tell about it!!!

Jana, 10/09/2008
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Recently my daughter and I were in an accident with my 2004 Santa Fe which I was the driver my daughter the passenger. 3 vehicles were involved all of which were totaled off. The driver of the vehicle which hit us lost control and landed on my Santa Fe and rolled off, literally tearing open the drivers side and pushing us into another vehicle which stopped us from rolling into traffic.The accident reconstruction police team visited us at the hospital at which time they told us that had we been in any other vehicle the chances of the accident being fatal would have been much higher as the Santa Fe is designed to crumble around us in an accident and has the best accident ratings.Thank you Hyundai!

Best Car ever owned

Westpalmer, 06/02/2010
GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I mentioned Hyundai to some guys I get the rolling eyes and the standard remarks, cheap, non performing, low ratings etc. I bought my Santa Fe new after much fighting with my hubby who wanted me to buy anything but that. Well, my car has a 155,000 miles and other than regular oil changes and scheduled maintenance (which I performed faithfully at the dealership), the only out of warranty repair I had was a new battery at 101,000 miles and a broken power steering container at 107,000 miles. It's a perfect vehicle for busy families. It's comfortable in the front and back and the back holds plenty of luggage and supplies. The money I saved was used on vacations with my family!

Best car I've ever had

Bruce, 08/18/2010
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My six year old Santa Fe has 150,000 miles on it and it still has the original BF Goodrich tires on it, original front brakes. I replaced the rear pads and rotors in March 2010. I have always used synthetic oil and have had no problems with the engine at all. Average 22 MPG. I have had two problems. I have replaced the headlight and fog light bulbs four or five times, and the car has developed a short in the electronic odometer. Otherwise, I have had no problems with this car and have spent next to nothing on it.

who would have thought???

Paul, 11/14/2006
LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am an avid car enthusiat who has subscriptions to all the major mags. I do a lot of homework before purchasing a vechile. My wife and I needed to downsize from our Durango so I started looking at the usual suspects (Escape, Liberty,etc). I came across the Sante Fe by mistake. I took all 3 for test drives and the Sante Fe just blew them away! I couldn't belive this was the same Hyundai that was the joke of the auto industry 10 yrs ago. You simply can't beat the value they offer. I have the 3.5L motor and it's awesome. I also have a modified Ford Lightning and an 05 Stang GT so I know about performace. It may not be the best looking SUV on the road, but it can't be beat for the money.

Too big for just me

Linda Richards, 03/28/2017
GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My car drive's great. Easy to park.Sits up higher than a car,so visibility is great. The back seat has a stow away Childs seat. It's just me now that my husband passed away and the kids are all grown up. So I want to down size.

12345...88