Used 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 251 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By bert

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Everyone in the deerwoods lauged at me when I left camp to buy my wife this veh. But now 3 of them have one also, yes it's an 02 and finally were waiting for the 2011's I'm 100% sure I will buy another, the only problem we had with ours was a tail light going out, it was fixed 4 yrs ago and now it has 80,000 miles and she wants another so spring we will, I will not even look at another brand, a bad taillight in 9 yrs. Why would I, by far the very best I have ever owned, I'm 50 and I look for comfort when I travel with my wife, just got back from a trip to padre island and round trip was 1802 miles long and I was fine the whole trip, I hope this will help

power, very good on tires 80,000 miles and I've only bought 1 set and they still look great

is there any from this pleased man , i didn't think so

Losing my Santa Fe hurts!
By Ellen

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Of all of the vehicles that I have ever owned and/or driven I would choose my Santa Fe. I bought it new in 2002 and it was totaled in an accident with my 20 yr old driving in May 2010. There were 5 people in the car when the accident happened and other than bruises (seat belt & my daughter's knee hit the dash) they were all fine. I always felt very safe driving/letting my daughter drive it. The car was reliable, fun, comfortable and could carry almost anything that I could possibly bring home including some huge rocks that I absolutely had to have. I was absolutely devastated when they told me that it was totaled! I would have driven this car for a long time yet. Boohoo, I miss my Santa Fe!

comfortable seats, huge back area with the cover that hid your stuff, the split back seats that laid down completely (incl the front passenger to carry very long stuff.

a way to put the satellite radio in instead of just clipped to the front of the A/C duct, a way to open/close the back window while driving so that you can let the heat out of the car and then close to keep the A/C in..

not happy
By 2002 hyundai santa f

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

my hyundai santa fe stopped running in 2006 and i had to have almost three thousand dollars worth of work done on it in which the hyundai dealer ship did not honner the waranty. 2009 it stop running again, this time it cost five hundred dollars. now 2010 its not running again. same thing wrong with it. i am a older lady that has always taken care of my cars and just wanted something i did NOT have to keep putting money into,and also i can't afford to get it fixed so here i am without a car to drive.the body and the interior look like new.this has not been a dependable car and i would never buy another one again and would never sell the idea to anyone else. VERY UNHAPPY!!!

don't realy have any.

that hydundai honner there waranty.

Good car but not a great one
By Luigi

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The interior comfort and the ride is very good for a low priced mid-size Crossover/SUV. Ample power. Good traction. Decent cargo space, although the rear seat fold-down configuration is burdensome compared to other makes. Reliability is fair. I had to replace parts on this car that I never had to replace on any of my Nissan vehicles (I've had 9 of them!). And my dealer's service is mediocre compared to Nissan. There really is a difference in quality, and I think Nissan is worth the extra money. Considering a Rogue, Murano, or Mazda CX7 when I replace this Santa Fe.

Decent ride. Comfortable seats.

Better quality parts. Easier access to engine for repairs. Rear seat fold- down needs re-design.

Been good to us
By Romic

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new in Sept. of '01 and overall have been very satisfied. We purchased the extended warranty for a very affordable price and has paid off for us. The 2.7 V6 has plenty of power for a vehicle as heavy as it is and fuel mileage is reasonable at 20 mpg. avg. We have had a few mechanical issues covered mostly under warranty. Both front axles cracked and were replaced, a strange squealing noise from the rear that the dealership fixed but seems to reappear from time to time, the rear hatch door handle release latch sticks in and the door will not latch shut if you don't pull it out by hand. Radio goes on and off itself. This SUV is GREAT in snow with full time 4wd. We're keeping it

Smooth running V6 with Good power, full time 4wd with traction control, terrific in snow, good interior comfort for every day commute or long trips with plenty of space for luggage. As usual you have to battle tooth and nail for the dealership to do anything after the sale. Going nowhere soon.

Better quality sound system and it is not covered under warranty after 1 yr.