Used 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

A great vehicle for us
By hoverfish

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this one at 125K km, now has 205K. We've replaced only wear parts so far. It's a little underpowered for my liking but it did pull a u-haul trailer through the Canadian Rockies just fine.

Worst Ever...Horrible!
By SSK80

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Santa Fe for almost 3 years now...and have had NOTHING but problems with it!! I have had to replace/repair so many things it's not funny. It has ranged from electrical issues in the engine (multiple), the cruise control had to be disabled at one point or the transmission got stuck in 1st...now it's a power steering issue. I am dumping this thing as soon as humanly possible. Hyundai was NO help at all of course, non-transferrable warranty and all that.

It does have a decent sized cargo area for being a smaller SUV. When it runs, it's not a bad ride at all...it doesn't run all that often though.

Stop selling them? Warranty options for more than one owner...

Worst Suv Ever
By B-E-N-I-T-O

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well stating I have only had my Santa- fe for a few months now I must say I will never by another Hyundai ever again. The santa-fe is built cheap compared to other foreign models. The parts are extremely expensive. Parts are not high quality, transmission have many problems. Heated seat got so hot it burnt a hole in my drivers seat, center-console it very cheap plastic. Has left me stranded 3 times now and with a nice Wrecker bill also.

The Awd

Everything, these are the worst vehicles ever made. I'll for sure never by another Hyundai ever again.

I'm satisfied
By Hey Sante Fe

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It's a bit of a putt-putt but it works for me. Acceleration is slowed, nothing like when new but it still works. I usually work close to home so most of my mileage is recreational. That's cool. Handles really well in bad weather, takes a while to warm up but AWD pulls out of snow and ice with hardly a grunt. I've seen this vehicle without AWD almost stuck. The extra height helps me to see more, and makes me feel safer, it's a smaller but not the smallest sized SUV.

AWD is my favorite feature. The extra weight is harder on gas mileage but makes me feel very secure in snowy, icy weather.

couldn't be happier
By rpost

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Good Stuff! previously owned 3 Toyotas and looking for a change. Found an affordable, adorable, reliable mini- SUV. I always admired the look from a far and now I'm thrilled that it's super comfortable,perfect height,solid construction (heavy doors,easy handles,solid accessories). I can fit 2 bikes with no problem and the perks are great (heated seats,cruise,leather)

Comfort, solid, smooth ride,

not sure what maintenance will be yet, however mechanic just inspected it w/ no major issues after 119K miles!