Used 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

Pros
Cons

Better economy than edmunds

Philip Ghyzel, 04/01/2016
4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Vehicle is as described by edmunds experts, but fuel economy is better. Using selectable economy mode, which is fine for all normal driving conditions, I get 27 to 28 mpg combined with AWD and 2.4 liter engine. I try to drive efficiently. Vehicle gives feedback in instantaneous and average fuel economy as you drive. Quiet, spacious, great features, great quality ratings. So far Santa Fe Sport exceeds expectations. Continue to be completely satisfied after 1.5 years and 16000 miles. So satisfied that we now own 2. My daughter took this one off to school, so we got my wife a new 2017. Very easy to drive. I prefer the non turbocharged engine due to less frequent oil change requirement.

My "to self" perfect retirement gift.

jim b, 06/11/2016
4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Many Many pluses. comfort, handling, conveniences, fuel economy for a SUV is outstanding, low noise, controls, all around vision, storage, stylish looks, tracking. cons? =fold and lock rear seats do not go completely flat; cruise control is good under 72 mph, otherwise it will downshift a lot in moderate terrain due to the small engine; Temp +/- buttons poorly illuminated and very hard to read and adjust while driving. Heated wipers are useless while driving and become a pain in the b*** while driving - it causes the blades to ice up quickly and the visibility becomes dangerous making it necessary to stop and manually remove the ice when it is snowing. Get the turbo or larger horsepower engine for a lot of 80 mph and/or towing. My other Hyundai purchase have exceeded 150,000 miles minimal maint. costs and no major repairs, but I don't drive them 'hard' either.

Wanted a luxury car for under $35,000

Helen, 05/29/2016
2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I reviewed every SUV in this class and decided on the Hyundai Santa Fe based on safety and upgrades. I've never owned a 4 cyl car and took the advise to go with the Turbo, glad I did. I feel confident passing and merging onto hwy with the turbo. Fuel has been good, 28 to 30 mpg. My only complaint is the front passenger seat does not go up and down, so if I'm sitting as the passenger, I can barely see over the hood.

Most likely our next purchase

Bill Reid, 04/16/2016
2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If your budget does not allow for a Porsche Macan or even a Range Rover Evoque, this is probably the SUV you want. In the Southwest there are so many places to go, but most lie off of two lane highways. Having the confidence to pass that slow moving RV or that long semi means a less stressful ride to your destination. Plus the interior is surprisingly luxurious and the sound level, though not as quite as more expensive SUV's, is acceptable. Throw in the 100,000 mile warranty and you're looking at a lot of value for the cash expended.

Good Grocery Hauler

John W, 07/30/2016
4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After 22K & and 18 months of ownership, I don't like driving this car. Won't buy another. Engine has no power, downshifts every time you press on the accelerator which kills the always lousy gas mileage. Pitiful highway car - struggles to cruise at 75MPH on flat roads with a slight headwind. Does worse in the mountains, too. Suspension doesn't adjust to the weather, always a harsh ride. Brakes have gone much softer, requires more effort at highway speeds. OEM spark plugs were bad, I replaced them at my cost and the idle was much smoother & MPG improved slightly. Bought a 2017 Sorento for the same price as the Santa Fe's MSRP & the Sorento is a much, much better car in every aspect.