Used 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe Sport model:

Would Purchase Again
By Marsha Hix

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When the 2016 came out I loved the look so each time I saw a person getting in/out of the car, I approached them to ask many questions. The last question I asked each of those I questioned if they would purchase again and all said yes. I have the Eco on my SUV. Just the other day at 55 miles per hour I reached the average fuel economy of 41.1 mpg. I was thrilled. I get 29 to 34 in town. This SUV is very comfortable, handles amazingly well and so far, other people that have rode in my car ask me questions as well because they like it. I started investigating the possibility of trading it in to upgrade to the 2019, but I like this SUV so well, I am not ready to give this one up. I highly recommend the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

Love my SUV
By Casey

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the 3rd one I've leased and love them. Great gas mileage for a larger SUV. Handles wonderful in the snow and ice. Interior space is really nice for two larger people - plenty of head and body room. The heated/cooled seats are really nice, especially in our winters. Will stick with this brand/style!!!

2016 Hyundai Santa FE- needs more power
By mats

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2016 Hyunda Santa fe Sport FWD with 2.4 and after one year of ownership and 28 000 kms, i am fairly pleased. Pros- Styling is great, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats ( kids love that), interior materials. Cons- 2.4 does not have enough power once vehicle is loaded with 5 people and luggage. Transmission needs to downshift continously to keep up when trying to pass someone on the highway. Also, when vehicle has not been driven for over 8 to 10 hours, first transmission shift from 1st to 2nd is rough and seems like it slips. Had dealer check it out twice and say that it is normal and they all react like that. Rear visibility when backing up is not as good as my 2007 Santa Fe. Need to get used to blindspots. Also, new gas pedal design that is hinged at the bottom of floor takes some getting used to. Fuel consumption has been ok about 23 mpg combined. Overall a decent Suv with good build quality but a step down from previous generation 2007-2012. The 2007 had better build quality and i ran it over 150 000 miles with basic maitenance and never had engine or transmission problems. I have had no problems with this one after 28 000kms. I was told to use Top tier fuel ( Shell, Chevron) since engine has direct injection and these fuels have additives that clean injectors and will help avoid any issues in the long run.

I love my new car!
By Wendy Brennan

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good Grocery Hauler
By John W

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After 22K & and 18 months of ownership, I don't like driving this car. Won't buy another. Engine has no power, downshifts every time you press on the accelerator which kills the always lousy gas mileage. Pitiful highway car - struggles to cruise at 75MPH on flat roads with a slight headwind. Does worse in the mountains, too. Suspension doesn't adjust to the weather, always a harsh ride. Brakes have gone much softer, requires more effort at highway speeds. OEM spark plugs were bad, I replaced them at my cost and the idle was much smoother & MPG improved slightly. Bought a 2017 Sorento for the same price as the Santa Fe's MSRP & the Sorento is a much, much better car in every aspect.