Used 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe Sport model:

Cheaply made interior
By Lindsay

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe used in 2015 with 22,000 miles. I have had since added another 25,000 miles. The turbo is great and accelerates quickly. The heated seats and steering wheel are nice features. The surround sound and speaker systems is also very good. Other than that, the car rides rough and has very loud road noise. The interior feels cheaply made. There are a lot of squeaks and rattles. The middle console squeaks if someone rests their arm on it. Overall it’s not a terrible car. You do get a lot of features for your money. However, I would not buy another Hyundai again.

Updated Review - Can't wait to get rid of car!
By Christina (Collins) Holland

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As you can see (below) my original issues started with in the first couple of months of owning the car. It has been a battle from the begining. My vehicle leaked water into the car for well over a year. Hyundai and the dealership were notified of the issue on several occasions. They were unable to duplicate the issue so they sent me on my way with no repair. The dealership finally decided to replace the windshield to my vehicle stating it was "improperly sealed". This fix did seam to fix the leaking down the windshield. However, neither Hyundai or the dealership ever remidied the water that had already entered the car. Thus, my car now condensates on the inside - pretty sure a car is not supposed to do that. Now I am faced with the fact that there is no sound for the blinkers, welcome sound, goodbye sound, and reverse. I have checked to ensure that welcome/goodbye is indeed turned on, still nothing. I am scared this is caused because of the ongoing moisture issue on top of the foul smell it has when you turn on heat/air (all filters are clean). I loved the car but believe I got a lemon of all lemons. Originial Review
I initially loved my vehicle as this was my first BRAND NEW vehicle. With in the first month I experienced issues with the heated seats not working as they were supposed to and then they didn't work at all. Took it in several times before finally getting it fixed (something with the wiring be pinched). I have also had issues with my moon roof leaking water down the windshield. I have had the car in 2 times to the dealer ship and when I called to schedule the 3rd appointment I was denied an appointment and told to contact Hyundai customer service. I want it to be fixed and fixed right...if they can not fix it they can have the car back. I bought NEW thinking I wouldn't have issues.

I love the tech package and the heated steering wheel. The car is great aside from my moon roof issue.

Fix the leaking moon roof and assemble cars correctly to avoid issues of the sort.

Great SUV for the price
By David - Atlanta

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After test driving many SUVs (Cx-5, CR-V, Sorento) paying a lot of attention to the space in the back seats as well as the space in the trunk, we bought our Santa Fe sport with 32k miles from an online dealer (Carvana). Carfax showed a couple of open recalls so we took it to the local Hyundai dealer in Atlanta where they took care of everything (under warranty) and made an inspection to make sure everything else was ok. We've been driving it for a few months without any issues, it's a very comfortable ride with good power when needed, a lot of space inside, and good fuel economy. We got 29 mpg in the highway (Georgia - Florida) and 20 - 22 in town in Atlanta. This is the base model so it doesn't have a rear view camera which I would strongly recommend because the shape of the back makes it very difficult to calculate distances, also side mirrors have big blind spots, which I fixed buying little blind spot square mirrors from Amazon ($5). Overall we're very satisfied with the car so far.

making a lot cents
By JAMES Laper

a really nice vehicle for 24,500.00 30 mpg on a trip

SANTA FE SPORT AWD IS A GREAT VEHICLE
By Daniel Schilling

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great car overall. Exceptional value. Excellent performance and durability. Low cost of ownership. Great warranty. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone considering something comparable in this SUV category.