2012 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Review: Won't buy another Hyundai

2012 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Review

3.8 Sedan (3.8L V6 8-speed Automatic)

Won't buy another Hyundai
By mmdv61 on

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have 33k on my 2012 Genesis.
Since purchase in 8/2011 I have had the navigation replaced, the fuel injectors had to be cleaned because they were so dirty the car would stall in the middle of driving and now the oxygen sensor had to be replaced....stalling again, but this time the engine light went on so they could find the problem easier.
Last time when it was stalling they couldn't find the problem until after keeping the car for 5 days.
Now they recommend I buy fuel injector cleaner and put that in the tank every time I get an oil change in order to keep it from happening again.
Even doing this, the car still has a rough idle at the start of the day.
June 23, 2017 Update. After contacting BBB and after a year from the initial stalling problem, A Hyundai rep. came to the dealership. The Throttle body was replaced and I have not had a problem with stalling since then. It took 4 repair attempts over the course of one year and a lot of concern for my safety while driving to finally get this fixed. I has been almost 3 years since the final repair.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By j_a_e
on 08/22/14 17:33 PM (PDT)

I just rented a 2012 Genesis w/ 70K miles on it from Hertz. You certainly are right about the rough cold start idle. Also, I would never buy one because I absolutely need a folding back seat.