Used 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:

Cheap yet Expensive parts = Buyer aware
By Steve

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

First of all I want everyone to know I love this car. But to my surprise it is very, very expensive to fix this car if there are issues. The warranty is also useless. I went over a speed bump at an odd angle and apparently the Transmission Pan got cracked. IT IS PLASTIC. I had the car towed to the dealership and was thinking that this would be a pretty simple and cheap fix as it is just a pan and fluid replacement. Well guess what. IT cost $1238.00 to replace the cheapo plastic transmission pan. They tried to tell me the fluid costs $70.00 a quart to replace. I was infuriated and had to clean out my savings to pay this rip off bill. The warranty does not cover it of course...

The look and performance.

Replace the cheapo plastic transmission pan with an aluminium<<< pan. And geez lower the parts price. 700 dollars for a transmission pan is insane and makes Hyundai look really bad as a company that they would take advantage of their customers. This is a 150 dollar part on most cars.

2010 genesis cpe-wait for 2011
By cindy

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my car about three months. I had to take in shop for bluetooth microphone to be replaced. Now I have sputtering, dying, and one time the radio wouldn't even turn on. I love driving it. I maybe get 20 mpg in town. the handling is great, I customized mine and get lots of looks but notoriety is wearing off more with each problem.

handling and acceleration

better location of seat belt better gas mileage

Love it! Love it! Absolutely love it!
By LMM

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I own my Genesis for more than a year. Never regret of buying it. I love my Genesis more and more everyday! I didn't know driving can be so much fun before having my Genesis. Visibility is excellent, controls are easy to use, and the blue lighting in the panel looks very attractive. The backseats are little bit tight (very common in sports car, so not a surprise for me) with limited head space but plenty of leg rooms. My family has domestic, Japanese, and high end German cars. The Genesis Coupe is our first Korean car but it gets the most praises and compliments. Highly recommend the Genesis Coupe to anyone who wants a fun and attractive sports car.

Long list of standard features, blue panel lighting, easy to use controls, bluetooth, heated seats, sexy attractive design, value.

Interior build quality is good but of course could be better. The passenger seat is a bit too low.

Great car for the money
By Mladen

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Frist of all this is a great car. If you are going to buy it, make sure you shop around first, I got my Genesis Coupe for $18,500 + tax, title, processing fee. The turbo model is great, it's not super fast but it has enough power with great handling and great looks. I get about 420-450 miles per tank of gas, that is great for a sport car. The interior is beautiful, comfortable, and the whole cars looks great. No other car out there in this class can offer you the options, looks, and fun this that this car gives you. I have people stop and check out my car while it's parked, that says it all. I can't wait to go to work in the morning just so I can drive my Genesis, love this car.

Handling, power, gas mileage, insurance cost (actually cheap because of all the safety features), wheels (beautiful) interior, exhaust (sounds great for a 4 cyl), steering wheel controls, PRICE

Hard to think of anything

Poor interior quality
By chuck

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The interior, door panels, arm rest, glove box door, leaves marks that can not be removed. The factory is looking in to this. It is a big factor and poor quality.

the rest of the car is great after a 1000 miles