Used 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:

Great Ride!
By jason_brzuchalski

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Hands down, an awesome vehicle at a great price. The genesis coupe V6 Track has plenty of power and stylish looks. Heads are always turning when I pull up to a stop light. So far, I have not been disappointed with the vehicle. It performs as well as it sounds when I punch the accelerator. In the words of Ferris Bueller, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

Power, acceleration, and exhaust system. Interior features suit the exterior.

Transmission needs some work. It feels like it doesn't sync well with the motor. Infiniti stereo system doesn't sound as well as I thought it would.

Cheap cure for midlife crisis
By Govols

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've put ~1000 miles on my Genesis Coupe and I have not regretted the purchase. The car rides every bit as well as it looks. The automatic transmission is silky smooth and there's plenty of oomph. The brakes in the base model are a bit waffly, though. I've been averaging 25 MPG in mixed city/highway driving. The engine emits a spine-tingling growl, but on the flip side, there's way too much road noise on the highway. Even the base model comes loaded with features. Seats are comfortable, but I really would like to have more up/down adjustment or a telescoping steering wheel. Visibility is surprisingly good for such a low car. The bluetooth is buggy -- mine has not worked from day one.

Styling, interior, ride quality, features (automatic headlights, XM radio, iPod connection, automatic temp control), value for money, good visibility, warranty

Fix buggy head unit (stereo & bluetooth) software, better noise insulation, lockable glove box, telescoping steering wheel.

hyundai surprise
By wesxpress

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I along with many others were shocked by this car. My wife and I drove 11 different vehicles from crossover suvs to sport cars before falling in love with this car. We both love the brown leather interior and as soon as u hit the gas its a hit. I cant say enough about how this car smokes the american made sport cars. Unless you bleed american muscle do yourself a favor and drive this car. Especially when dealers are charging 5k over sticker on those models. We had no intentions of buying a HYUNDAI. This is an amazing car.

The nav is very easy to use and the interior is about total driver comfort.

only one, telescoping steering wheel.

Great Car but with a few downsides
By Eugene

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased my car in November 2009 and I can say that Hyundai makes great cars. But the main problems I have is that it has a bad rattling noise from the sunroof. I took my car to the dealership but they said they cannot hear the rattling. They said that the rain might have lubricated the sunroof and to bring the car in when it is not raining. Also, the transmission does not down shift smoothly. Other than that, I think the car is great and the styling is awesome. I get compliments from people all the time. The car feels like its worth $40,000 but I only paid $27,000 with a navigation. Unbelievable deal. To me, it looks better than the Infiniti G37.

Unique styling; Navigation system with bluetooth; Adequate power for size of car; driver and passenger side is roomy; nice quality sound system; a luxury car without the luxury price; I feel like I upgraded from a BMW (X5 and 325i) to a Hyundai (never thought that was possible)

Better quality transmission (I know it has a turbo and a sporty feel but I would like a smoother transmission); Gas mileage could be better; Hyundai needs to lubricate and tighten screws and bolts before sending off customers with a brand new car

The creaky Coupe
By Stinky

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is a follow-up to my previous submission. This model is in its infancy. I cannot speak for others, but mine is seriously lacking in structural rigidity. The Sun roof creaks at low speeds and on uneven pavement. It has noticeable flexion about its long axis. At speed on very smooth pavement it is fine. The front suspension doesn't match the rear at speed when pitching it around...it doesn't have the feeling of being engaged regardless of input. It has a rather squirmy feel to it on uneven pavement. The engine is in serious need of mid range torque and the gear ratios need to be rethought entirely. Not a bad boulevard cruiser as long as the pavement doesn't challenge it's structure.

Exterior and interior styling are still good.

Change the transmission and final drive ratios that allow its extant horsepower to be used more effectively. The structural rigidity isn't consistent with a true sports car. Definitely, ditch the rear seats in favor of a more functional hatch. Lag time on the paddle shifters is excessive.