Used 2014 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:

Worth Every Penny!
By Rudy Beck

2014 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

After owning 4 Lexus LS cars over 10 years, the Equus has proved to be a great surprise. Super smooth and very quiet ride, incredible sound system, and people have actually approached me complimenting me on the looks of the car. My next car will likely be the G90.

Do Not Throw Money Down The Toilet
By Herb

2014 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Just about the same car as expensive brands from Germany but with more technology and a much much better warranty. Also when you take your Equus into the dealer your do not need a second mortgage on your house to pay the cost of maintenance.The best rear seat comfort that I have ever experienced. I have two Equuses and neither have let me down. A great car for a great price with a great warranty!

No complaints
By Don

2014 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This car rides like a dream! Gas mileage is acceptable in the city and good on the highway. Comfort visibility and performance are great! Shift to Sport if you need power and handling shift back to Eco mode for normal driving. The snow mode works well. Sound system is excellent. This a great car especially if you buy it used with low miles. It is a luxury car and as such is not meant as a commuter car. At high speeds it floats and feel safe. Buy an extended warranty to cover all the toys and talk to your dealer nicely and they will support you. You will love this car. To repeat its a dream to drive.

Equus Ultimate ? NOT
By Dan Long

2014 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

SO If this car worked properly it would be an awesome car however it doesn't, I have spent quite a few hours days weeks in the shop only to hear excuses and bull on why my car doesn't work properly all the time. Do you want to hear from a Hyundai mechanic there's nothing we can do because the computer platform is an old outdated system windows 98 that's what I was told.
SO air conditioner in auto position wont blow cold air unless you turn it to max cold first then go to desired setting so I was forced to use the ac button, seat memory wouldn't remember the settings it took many visits to the dealer to convince them something was wrong oh yes their initial response to EVERYTHING is could not duplicate issue well they replaced the driver mirror that didn't fix it then the door mechanism that seems to have done the trick. The front end is continually going out of alignment they blame me saying I'm driving the car rough??? What ? I've owned many many cars and NEVER had issues with alignment like this car. Now for the issue with windows 98 the computer systems don't work the same all the time for instance the sensors that detect cars to the left and right sometimes the detect and sometimes not . the rear camera will occasionally blank out where you see nothing for a few seconds while backing up enough time for something to enter the area behind you and for you to potentially to hit it. I was told well that's not an issue its inherent in the vehicle well it doesn't do it all the time so its not inherent it's just messed up. The head rest on passenger side front seat is now rattling due to car shaking all the time. The analog clock is running fast when you pull up the digital clock the time is correct but you can't see that clock unless you go into the menu the clock you see is not in sync to the internal digital clock?? how is that even possible. I was told that the car doesn't have a function that unless your seat belt is on you can't move the car well my car has had an issue where when I got into the car started it tried to move the brakes were applied not by me by the car and I get a message stating that a door is open or trunk is open and seat belt not fastened Well doors were closed trunk was closed and when I put the seat belt on the brakes released But my car doesn't do that I was told !!! I have video and pictures now that it does in fact do that. Also when you come to a stop and car is not in park and you open a door the doors wont unlock so I put car in park and back to drive back and forth no unlock I hit the unlock button no unlock I was told this was a safety feature BUT at the dealer we tried uit and shift lever wouldn't unlock the doors but the door lock button did they don't want t o hear that it didn't work.
I have never had a car company so indifferent to my concerns from my first cars back in the late 60's to now not willing to help telling me that they can not duplicate the problem and trying to shift the blame to anything but the car having problems. ALL my cars in the past either worked or didn't work not a sometimes work. in order to keep from getting reports so you can get help from a lawyer they have that down too either not able to duplicate or they will hold a ticket open so it appears you only have taken the car in 1 time for an issue when actually its been 4 or 5 times . so today I will be taking my car back to the dealer to get the clock fixed the front end fixed I hope or what ever is causing the shaking BTW I got new tires and had the dealer balance them AGAIN at my cost to make sure they weren't going to say its your tires!!! and get the rattling headrest fixed. My advice don't buy a Hyundai they might look nice and appear they have all the great things Mercedes has or Lexus they don't!! They don't treat you right they don't service you right they don't help when you have a problem. they say don't make any money to diagnose problems why would you even say that ? I don't care if you go bankrupt diagnosing my car fix it or take your lemon back !!!

it's just a car
By marc49

2014 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

After looking and wondering why any one would spend 80,000 to 120,000 on a German or Japanese
luxury car I have come to the conclusion the world is full of idiots. My 2014 equus is so close in all categories that the thought of spending big bucks on the German or Japanese luxury cars makes me laugh. They are all just cars and nothing more . I drove them all then looked at the window sticker and just laughed. The only one that made sense was the equus.