2011 Hyundai Equus Signature: What You Don't Get
March 28, 2011
I took the posh Hyundai Equus to the posh Bristol Farms supermarket yesterday, where everything is overpriced but the quality of the food is exceptional.
As I returned to the car with a cartful of groceries, I pressed the trunk button on the key fob and heard the "pop" of the unlock and then remembered the Hyundai Equus Signature edition does not have an automatic opening trunk lid. On a car with pretensions of Grey Poupon-ism, you'd think the convenience of an automatic trunk lid would be standard. I guess something had to be saved for the Ultimate edition.
This got me thinking about what we're missing by not having the Ultimate Equus. Both versions have the same powertrain and safety features, so the difference is in the features.
What We Didn't Get
- Forward-view cornering camera
- Power trunk lid
- Adjustable 50/50 split rear seats with power reclining function (instead you get adjustable 60/40 power reclining rear heated seats)
- Cooled rear seats
- First-class right rear seat : leg support and massage system
- Rear seat power adjustable (up/down) head restraints w/ manual tilt and wing-out butterfly adjustments
- Fixed rear center console storage
- Rear console refrigerator
- Rear illuminated vanity mirrors
- 8-inch LCD screen, interface with rear DIS integrated control on rear fixed center armrest; DVD player, HVAC, Audio control from rear seat
A forward-view cornering camera would be cool but I'm not really interested in the other things. Just give me my power-operated trunk lid.
Which features would you want?
Donna DeRosa, Managing Editor @ 3,842 miles