Used 2015 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

I am driving a lemon & blow up with me in it
By Elizabeth & Beverly Van Zyl

2015 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

2015 Hyundai Eleantra SE is a LEMON!!

We have had problems with this car for years now. It is one thing after another. We had the car in for several issues with the car. Two of the issues the dealership could not even fix the problem. I made a list of all the issues that we are having with the car.

On 11/15/2016 with 12185 miles on the car, we had to replace the battery on the car.

On 05/22/2017 with 15516 miles on the car, we had to replace (2) tires on the car because the tires were bald.

On 11/03/2017 with 18268 on the car, we had to replace the other (2) tires on the car because the tires were bald. We had problem with the car stalling. The dealership could not find anything wrong with the car.

On 01/18/2018 with 20747 miles on the car. We had a problem with a sound when the car starts. When the car starts it sounds like metal clinking. It does not matter if the car is cold in the morning or anytime of the day. When I start the car, it makes this sound. I had to tape the sound so the service advisor could hear the sound. The tech could not hear it.

02/08/2018 with 20749 miles on the car. We still had the problem with a sound when the car started. When the car starts it sounds like metal clinking.
The dealership kept the car overnight. The next day the tech did hear the sound. They tested the alternator and it was bad. They had to replace the alternator
on the car. Even after the dealership replaced the alternator I still had the same sound as before. The replacement of the alternator did not stop the souund.

03/20/2018 with 20802 miles on the car. We are still having the same sound when the car is started. It does not matter what time of the day the car is started, the same sound happens. It sounds like a metal clinking. I had a tape of the sound, the tech did not hear a thing.

We are still having the same issue with the sound when the car starts. I am scared to start the car because the dealership can not find out what is wrong with it. I am scared it might blow up when the car starts because of this issue. I had taped this twice but the dealership will not fix this issue because the tech could not hear the sound. Something is seriously wrong with the car or the dealership is lying. It should not be making this metal clinking noise when I start the car. I had several people hear this noise but not the dealership.

We had this one issue with the car since 2016. I have told them about the issue but they never did anything about it or even looked into it, just looked at me like I am nuts. The issue is this. When I fill the car up with gas the (Range for the miles to go on the car) it does not stay the same thing each time. One time it will be 301, 304, 299, 289, or 275. Something is wrong with the Range Miles to go. Just the other day, I put gas in the car. I started the car, the Range started at 279, then dropped to 256 before I even left the gas Station. The Range keeps dropping while I am driving. In 1 mile I go, it drops 4 miles or more. I am not in heavy traffic or stop and go driving. I am not speeding or have anything heavy in the car. I do not even know why this issue happens. When I first had this problem, I had to get a new battery. I had the dealership check the battery. The battery was fine. This is happening all the time with the Range issue.

Now, as you read this we had to replace 4 tires, 1 battery, 1 alternator. Still have problem with the metal clinking sound when I start the car and the gas range. I am so afraid when I start the car because of this issue the car will catch on fire or blow up with my mom or myself inside. Since they can not find a thing wrong with the car. This car is a true lemon.

Can't handle impact!
By Denee

2015 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

My 2015 Elantra was a failure under pressure. Had a car accident and learned the airbag sensors are set to low. The front bumper was impacted twice and I was rear ended once. We were traveling at 40-50 mph upon impact. Very disappointed. There is not a recall on this year and model. Be very careful.

2015 Elantra review
By Bill

2015 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Good car for a commute due to the gas mileage. Bought it for my wife’s 20+ mile trip to work. Have had no issues with it. We had a 2011 prior to this which seemed to be more solid. Only a few complaints. If you put a good bit of luggage in the trunk for a long trip it will cup the inside of your rear tires after 2000 miles. Rear suspension could be better. 2nd complaint would be how the steering is extremely sensitive, would definitely try to drive on the interstate prior to purchasing one. Lastly it is a noisy ride and I purchased expensive replacement tires and they are noisy as can be. Other than that it’s a decent car. Interresting fact the faster I go on the interstate the better mileage it gets.....only car I have ever seen I can say that for.

Very reliable!
By angie steadtler

2015 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car has excellent gas mileage, it rides smoothly, and it's a great first car. The only thing it didn't have was bluetooth which was an easy fix, I bought a car bluetooth off of amazon, it works great.

Great car
By Phil Gillies

2015 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

this is a roomy car, lots of technology and storage space. smooth ride and easy on the eyes