Used 2015 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Can't handle impact!
By Denee

2015 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

My 2015 Elantra was a failure under pressure. Had a car accident and learned the airbag sensors are set to low. The front bumper was impacted twice and I was rear ended once. We were traveling at 40-50 mph upon impact. Very disappointed. There is not a recall on this year and model. Be very careful.

2015 Elantra review
By Bill

2015 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Good car for a commute due to the gas mileage. Bought it for my wife’s 20+ mile trip to work. Have had no issues with it. We had a 2011 prior to this which seemed to be more solid. Only a few complaints. If you put a good bit of luggage in the trunk for a long trip it will cup the inside of your rear tires after 2000 miles. Rear suspension could be better. 2nd complaint would be how the steering is extremely sensitive, would definitely try to drive on the interstate prior to purchasing one. Lastly it is a noisy ride and I purchased expensive replacement tires and they are noisy as can be. Other than that it’s a decent car. Interresting fact the faster I go on the interstate the better mileage it gets.....only car I have ever seen I can say that for.

Very reliable!
By angie steadtler

2015 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car has excellent gas mileage, it rides smoothly, and it's a great first car. The only thing it didn't have was bluetooth which was an easy fix, I bought a car bluetooth off of amazon, it works great.

Great car
By Phil Gillies

2015 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

this is a roomy car, lots of technology and storage space. smooth ride and easy on the eyes

Comfy, Zooms and Love It!
By Kat B.

2015 Hyundai Elantra SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first car I have bought since 2006, and Giovanni's Auto in Peru, IL was GREAT! My Elantra had just over 40,000 on it. I saw someone else had the trunk issue, too, but it's minor. I think what happens is...the button to open the trunk is set up on the remote in a way where, it can almost push itself when in your hand or pocket. That may sound bad, but it has only happened 2 times to me, and I noticed it right away each time. I'd rather have a completely smooth-running car, that I can trust every single time I go to start it, that gets great gas mileage, w a lil issue w the trunk opening on it's own due to the remote...than a car that you can't trust, even a little bit. :) I do notice the difference when I drive my Mom's old Mountaineer (high off the ground) and get back in mine, but that is normal. The mountaineer is so much taller, and is an SUV. The Elantra is not. I have an (almost) 3 year old, and she is big for her age and she fits just fine in the back w her car seat. I have plenty of room to throw many bags of groceries next to her, if I don't want to use the trunk. The speakers sound great, and I like the mp3 option plug-in, as I never had that before in any cars. I love this car, and I just wish they had had a different color than the usual "silver" or "grey." :) I can't wait to take this car on a nice, long road-trip. It's a great feeling to trust your car so much for things like that, besides daily driving.