Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Blind spots
By Gordon Koerner

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Car has blind spots in the front and rear. In the front the side posts hid an 18 wheeler. Small rear view window with blind spots. When backing have almost hit many cars due to large rear window posts and small window. My only accident in over 30 years was backing into a parked car which was hidden the entire time by the right side rear window post. Had to get a pillow to sit on since the seat has a low driver pitch that when on a long trip my right leg would fall asleep due to the strain from the seat belt pressure.

My Favorite Car I Ever Owned
By ElantraFan

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

First time I saw the redesigned Elantra, I knew I wanted one. I'd had two older Elantra previously and they were good cars. I bought a 2013 used with 26K miles. It was going to be my car for the next 10 or more years. As long as possible. But, sadly it was rear ended and declared a total loss at 85k miles. Anyway, it was a wonderful car. It had amazing mpg's. I could get up to 44 mpg but averaged about 38 as I did a fair amount of mixed city/highway driving. It was stylish, reliable, and super cheap to maintain. It had everything. I kept up with regular maintenance, like oil changes, etc. Only had brakes done once, and bought one set of tires to replace the factory tires it had when I bought it. Only problem it ever had was an airbag light came on, but that was covered by the 100k mile warranty! Car was great to drive, enough power for the highway and good grip on the road. Interior was very roomy and comfortable. Trunk was huge! If you are looking for a great value and a car you can enjoy looking at, I recommend the Elantra. I'll be getting another one!

Elantra Excellence!
By G.L.

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

If you are looking for the best bang for your buck in smaller sedans, with great warranty, safety, fuel efficiency and features, look no further than the Hyundai Elantra. I have owned four different trim levels over the years, and the car has proven itself over and over again! I have veered over to others such as BMW, and have had nothing but headaches with a supposedly "luxury brand." I will now stick with Hyundai for life!

2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited Rear Tire Wear
By John

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

The rear tires wear out 3-4 times faster than the front tires. I can only get 15,000 miles out of a 70,000 mile tire. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.
The first Elantra I purchased was a great car. The 2013 is junk. I will not ever buy another Hyundai.

I love my 2013 Elantra limited except....
By S. Irizarry

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 limited elantra sept in 2012. I have had no major issues with my car at all. I love the exterior, interior and the ride and comfort. It is a little road noisy but I am used to it and listen to my radio loud anyways. I currently have 90k miles and have had 1 issue which was the transmission temperature sensor error which caused the feeling of the trans going out. I took it to the dealer and it was covered under warranty and was fixed, no problems other than wear and tear. The continental tires the car came with were crap so I bought Perrelli p7 all season tires and it helped tremendously with gripping the road. I would not suggest this car in areas where it snows as it becomes a sled with any type of snow on the ground. Other than that, this vehicle has been great to me. Still like new!