Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Me & My Elantra
By Daniel J. Andrews

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Since I submitted my last review a year or so ago, I have added another 20,000 miles of driving, thanks to three more road trips "north" of about 2,500 miles each. All went so well, with no trouble whatsoever and slightly exceeded 40 MPG for several tanksful of gas with an overall of about 38-39 MPG. I am also driving about 300 miles a week with a mix of city/highway driving and averaging about 36 MPG each fill-up. And with the Sirius XM radio, plus CD player, plus MP-3 connectivity, I am constantly entertained. The engine/transmission are seamless, and the cruise control is a delight to use. I must admit that I am somewhat "anal" regarding maintenance with oil changes and periodic maintenance at the dealer, and such. But I find peace of mind in doing so; and have nothing but praise for the service and attention I receive at Jenkins Hyundai of Ocala. Not that I am anticipating a new car in the foreseeable future, but I would not hesitate in getting another Elantra. Great car!! And over the last year (2016), I can only add that I am so pleased with this vehicle!!

2013 Hyundai Elantra - Do Not Buy
By sweenangel

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This is by far the worst purchase I have ever made. The paint began to chip almost immediately followed by the steering wheel and gear shift. Then I got a flat tire and found that the car did not come with a spare tire. When I complained to Hyundai corporate I was told I should have reviewed the window sticker. Forgive me for assuming that the hole where the spare tire should be would contain a spare tire. The dealer did not point this out and they did not offer to sell me one. I hit a small pothole recently and the entire wheel cracked like it was made out of paper. The window sticker they chastised me for not reviewing carefully had incorrect gas mileage. Avoid at all costs.

None.

None. There is absolutely nothing they could do to get me to purchase another one of their vehicles.

Very Nice Car
By hvac999

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2013 in 2015 after looking into a Veloster. I found the Elantra to be the best bang for the buck. I have owned over 20 cars in my life and I feel the Elantra rate right at the top for all around buy. I bought the Limited with the Technology package and it is truly a small "luxury" car. Read the Edmunds review for all of the options and you will see it lacks little. I would give it a higher score on the fun to drive factor because I look for windy roads to drive. My car happens to be Hyundai Certified and that is what you should look for , just to be smart.My wife has a loaded hybrid Kia Optima and she enjoys driving the car as much as I do. Oh, the car was built in Alabama.

All for the Tech. Package goodies, fun to drive

power passenger seat

44 MPG @ 65MPH on #66
By R. Lee Earman

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Had a few problems but fixed under warrenty - really have no complaints.

Mediocre with some big disappointments
By Douglas Shaffer

2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, the car is "OK" but I will not be a repeat Hyundai buyer. I have the Limited and it has nice convenience features. However, the gas mileage has been a huge disappointment - not even close to the advertised levels. (And yes, my tires are properly inflated, filters and sensors are clean and I don't drive hard.) Also, in the winter months - every time I encounter a pothole - I create a blister in the sidewall of the tire. I've had to replace all four tires way before normal wear would dictate. The other disappointment is the poor handling in bad weather. Obviously the car is light but driving in any kind of snow is more treacherous than it should be.

Rear heated seats

Accurate gas mileage, better tires, road performance & handling