2012 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Ive had my 2012 Elantra for 2

2012 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Ive had my 2012 Elantra for 2 weeks
By davidh11 on

2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Barely a month since I bought my '12 Elantra w/30K mi and so far so good. I hear all the complaints about gas mileage but so far I have no problem averaging combined 33 mpg. which is great for me considering my Pathfinder only got 16/21 mpg.

I put on custom rims and a better quality tire which seems to have helped a bit w/ road noise.

So far only complaint I really have is the ride is a bit stiff and there's no spare tire. I bought my Elantra for $14k out the door so for the design and features you cant really beat it for the price....Remeber, you cant expect a $14k car to drive like a Mercedes. You get what you pay for, folks.

I'll follow up in a few months..

Styling, features, engine has good power (with eco turned off) for a 4 cyl.

Ride could be softer. How about a spare tire next time around?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By comsumer
on 05/31/14 05:32 AM (PDT)

To my fellow Elantra owner...Have to admit the same deal (but did sell my 97' Nissan Sentra 122,300 miles for $1200...making my deal feel even sweeter)...about same mileage also...same comments...best part also I have the remainder of the warranty intact. To those looking keep an eye out...I lost my first Elantra deal by 1 day. To the person searching...Just check with all local dealers

By idealcarforme
on 05/22/14 20:40 PM (PDT)

I'd like to know where you got a GLS for $14K out the door. Private seller? We're looking at one with 29K miles and OTD about $16.5K is what they've offered. It's "Certified", has brand new Goodride?!! tires, and really did seem the closest-to-new of any used car we've seen in that price range. It's a fair number on KBB, but I'd like to find at least one or two more so we can haggle better. Without another similar deal nearby, we're hamstrung on the negotiation.

By davidh11
on 06/05/14 16:51 PM (PDT)

To be more specific, I got my 2012 Elantra for $14K out the door with $1000 down at a Hyundai dealership in Florida..