2010 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: a steal

2010 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Blue Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

a steal
By elantrablueman on

2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought
a leftover 2010 in Jan 2011 for 12,200, 13,200 otd. Have conv. package and love the xm radio. Now have 57k and the car has been near flawless. Had a minor brake light switch recall.

Averaging 30.9 mpg annually. Keep records for taxes. Better mpg on hwy/trips.

I change oil every 5k and keep on trucking. Still have original brake pads. Facing some big bills at 60 k: timing belt, trans fluid, probably brakes, too. Could go $1,200. However, with my new Michelins, I could go another 60k.

7/8/2016
96k and still near flawless performance. Timing belt most expensive service. Time for first brake pads at 96k. Must be some kind of record. I feel like I'm driving for free.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By elantrablueman
on 12/17/15 17:36 PM (PST)

Now have 88,000 miles. Still trouble free. Spent a little money on synthetic transmission fluid (50k) and a timing belt (87k). This is still the most trouble free car I've ever owned. Still have original brake pads. I drive to stretch mpg and use brakes as little as I can. I love this car. My manual 5 speed trans. makes a huge difference. Most unhappy owners have the older 4 spd auto., with less mpg and reliability. My next car will have the 6 spd auto or dual clutch automated manual.

By elantrablueman
on 04/07/15 17:59 PM (PDT)

Update: Have 79k now. Still have original brake pads. Manual says 60 for timing belt. Hyundai USA schedule says 90k. I may sell it at 90k. The car has been near flawless.

By elantrablueman
on 10/28/16 10:38 AM (PDT)

Just turned 100k! Best car I've ever owned. A timing belt, tires, and fluid services is all it has needed. I feel like I'm driving for free. Got 100k out of the original brake pads. I'm old and I drive that way, but never got 100k on brakes. Tameron Service Dept is the best.