Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great little car with poor resale value
By tpayne

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car in January 2007, paying cash. Needed to get larger car and went to trade it in Nov. 2010. All the dealers including Hyundai won't give us more than 6,000. for the car. It was in excellent condition with 55,000 miles. We were unhappy with the value dropping $11,000 in 3 years. That is insane. We never had any trouble with the car and the features were great for the price. Whoever rates car resale values needs to rethink Hyundai models. Bottom line great car for the money, if you plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off.

Loved the options and got about 35 miles to the gallon average between city and highway. We had a sunroof and it was a wonderful quiet added feature.

Resale value and insurance values. High insurance costs and very poor resale value.

Very dependable and fun car
By bill

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have 49,000 carefree miles now. Only reg maint. 4 new tires at 42,000 miles wiper blades, just normal wear parts. Best mpg 40, average 35 mpg. No rattles or squeaks. Controls very easy to use. If in snow definitely need snow tires. Brakes still good. Good solid car for the money. Only minus is low resale which I think is unfair since I think it is just as good as Honda and Toyota.

peppy and comfortable.

none

Happy College student
By Happy Elantra owner

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this beauty after months of deliberation between the civic, corolla, honda fit and accent. For 12,000, I got it used with 19k mi on it. In general, this car is very reliable, love the blue lighting, interior space. Friends with the corolla and civic love to ride in this car as it is just Bigger from the inside. It rides very well. I have taken 1000 mi + road trips in this car and it has not given any problems. It has tackled rain, sun and snow like a beast. I would highly recommend this affordable, fuel-thrifty, comfortable hyundai to anyone. I am sold with Hyundai's dedication to making good cars, and am looking at buying the Genesis coupe as soon as I get out of Grad school.

Blue lighting, reliability, comfort, ride comfort.

Some people have said it looks fat from the sides, maybe make it a little lower and more 'sleek', would be great.

I love my Elantra!
By Dani

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2007 Hyundai Elantra a little over a month ago and I love it! It is a great car, fun to drive, comfy, GREAT sound system, more storage than I can fill and great on gas, I average 32-35 mpg city and got almost 40 when I drove a 300 mile trip a few weeks ago. I love the cruise control and it is a manual so it accelerates quickly. It has a lot of great features. I would recommend this car for everyone. I am a college student and this summer I am babysitting. This car fits two car seats in the back comfortably. I will also appreciate all the space when I am coming back and forth from school this fall. Great car at a great price!

Everything!

Keep making them!

Will never buy again
By amanda

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 it has already left me stranded twice. I have had the sensor that runs the whole car replaced twice within the first 12 months the car interior pint started to peel and bubble Hyundai also wanted to make me pay part of the tow when my car quit working on me in the middle of the highway.

sound system and sun roof

The chip that makes the whole car run the interior paint as well as exterior paint.