Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

My Elantra
By Jims5467

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Enjoy driving my elantra whether it's on the interstate or in town. More than peppy, throaty sound due to my interstate driving, good handling and braking. Without a/c get over 35 mpg on interstate doing at least the speed limit of 70, combo averages 29-33 mpg with a/c on interstate drops to 33 in town drops to around 25-29 mpg. Love my sunroof, cd sound could be a little better but overall best buy have ever made with the exception of my '69 boss302.

Great passing quality on interstate no hesitation good mpg, great handling and real fun car to drive.

Better sound system, a little more insulation on the trunk lid,

My First New Car
By KSM

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In Nov of 2005, my used Subaru had reached its life expectancy. I could not afford an expensive vehicle so the Elantra was my choice after driving a couple other vehicles (Accent, Aveo, and a couple Suzuki's). I have to say this vehicle has been fantastic. I do a lot of highway driving and get about 32-34mpg regularly, best ever being 38mpg on a trip that I drove 60mph most of the way. My only part failures were the starter at about 45K and an axle seal at about 60K. Has almost 75k on it now and my only issue is warranty is going to be up before I pay it off.

Manual trans, keyless entry, sound system.

An armrest on driver's seat like the 07 Accent (my husbands commuter)

the honest truth
By susan erlich

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am a third time Hyundai owner. I started in the 80's when they first came out and I have been buying them ever since. I have to admit that I noticed the difference between this car that I own and the other two that I owned. I presently have 2006 elantra, and am looking into purchasing a 2008. I love these cars. There reliability is superb and I encourage everyone that I know, family and friends to buy a Hyundai. They are great cars and they have come a mighty long way!

the fact that the lights turn themselves off if I forget to turn them off

the key remote having a panel to open the trunk when you have groceries in your hand.

HAPPY HYUNDAI
By me & my car

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My first elantra was bought in 2000. Had an accident in 2006 and bought another one... Wouldn't purchase another car. For the price, waranty, comfort, reliablity, style, etc. What other kind of transportation is there? n-o-n-e. Keep up the great job in manufacturing such a tremedous car for the $$$$$... You can keep your Benz, beemer, Lexus, vet, etc. Give my a Hyundai anytime (and you still have money left for gas!)

Comfort, color, size, maneuverability

Nothing really....I just love mine

MY 06*** Love my car
By Tracey

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Elantra New May 06. It now has 21000 miles on it and it has been very good to me, I have had no problems with it at all since i bought it. Reliability is a 10++++ plus i bought the extended 10yr 100k bumper to bumper and i have to say that i feel 100% safe w/free roadside assistance with a push of a button on the phone.

Stereo with upgraded speakers, glasses holder, trunk has alot of room w/fold down seats, very roomy for passengers and driver, tilt wheel, gas mileage is pretty good, good number of air bags

Upgrade material of upholstery, Tires are awful i need new ones already at 21k, abs should be standard, paint is not good, i have mega scratches from just driving it the paint does not look showroom condition as (simonize) treatment warranties