Used 2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great for high mileage drivers
By Renee

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car "new" (it was a demo car with 160,00 KM on it) in 2005. Currently, it's traveled 300,000 KM (just over 200,000 miles) with only maintenance service so far. I had to service the clutch at 250,000 km - and have had the breaks done 2x (unfortunately full replacement due to the salted roads in Canada). As far as reliability goes it's been an awesome car for me, though it's not luxurious, it does get the job done!

The extra dashboard jack - makes it so I can charge the phone or run the Ipod and the GPS at the same time

I would love to see an audio-in jack for MP3 players. That's really the only thing I can find wrong with it!

Love our Hyundai
By David

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love our 2005 Hyundai. We bought it because it was the best bang for the buck and we've had 0 problems with it even after owning it for 3 years now. The only thing I've done with the car is get the brake pads fixed. I've had to buy a new battery, but that's about it. I could not be happier with the car. It is true that the door handles and some other of the interior knobs might feel cheap but that's not important to me. They don't break, it's just I've read that things like that might make a difference for some people.

driving experience: I love how you sit in relation to the road and the car has just enough pep.

Windshield Wipers. The only thing that does drive me crazy. They didn't get the timing down for the windshield wipers. When it rains I have to be constantly changing the timing because it's never right.

Excellent Warranty
By Yoga

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is solidly built. I moved around a lot and the car still stand up well after 5 years. The warranty is great. They found problems with the CV boots, cylinders, and all 4 shocks, they replace them all for free! This car is going to last a few more years!

Exceptional quiet ride

Interior, which they have improved on the 09 model.

Commuter Car
By Unbelievable

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a disposable commuter car. I commute 75 miles per day. Wow, I am very pleased with this car. It gets 40 mpg on the highway and 30 mpg around town. The car has power and I drive on average about 75mph comfortably. I am extremely pleased with this purchase and the car for the money! I am thinking this will be a great kid car when I am done with it.

Handles great, gas mileage terrific, price was economical, good commuter car

Console is far back from drivers seat making the reach difficult for CD storage. Move console forward between seats.

bought for college
By polystang

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought for my final year at school. So far I am very satisfied. The engine is quite powerful for its class and its handles well. The sound system is nothing to brag about but all in all it is a very good little car at a good price. Recommended to anyone also, I'm a big guy. 6,2 and build. I fit in it very well. Good head room and decent legroom

engine. overall styling. excellent options even in base model.

slightly better mpg. better stereo. a little more driver leg room.