Used 2005 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 246 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Elantra

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great Value
By Helen

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I needed something cheap to get me through college. I am so pleased with my purchase. It's a basic car, but the warranty makes me feel comfortable having it for the next however many years. My only complaints are that the keyless entry does not come with a trunk release, and that a CD player is not standard. Also, sometimes I find that I have to absolutely slam the trunk before it will latch, so check that out when you're looking.

Fuel econonmy; price

Trunk release on the keyless entry, CD player- I mean seriously, who uses a cassette player anymore?

My First "New" Car
By Sylvia

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very happy with our New Elantra (so far) Just waiting to see how it will handle this winter in the Ice and Snow. With the rising price of gas...I can't complain yet about fuel efficiency..but then again I've had it about four months and have not hit the 1000 mark.

Standard CD Player....Maybe more chrome accents on the exterior

Best car I have bought
By rich

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

What can I say. The best car in price range. Hyundai has come a long way!

Everything, well almost.

Takes bumps in road a little hard. The dash should light up purple for all models just not GT.

After a half dozen Hondas...
By Ralph Stein

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I didn't think I'd buy anything but a Honda again. A looming bill for an expensive selective college for my teen made me rethink the equation. So I test drove a Hyundai. It felt like a Honda, had a comfortable interior (I'm 6'2") and for a little over 16G I got the most feature-loaded car I've ever had. The sales experience was also the most low pressured ever and after two months of driving this car I'm thrilled with it. Will probably upgrade to another Hyundai - in four years.

Traction control system, ABS brakes, decent CD/AM/FM 6-speaker stereo, keyless entry w/alarm, easy handling and comfortable ride.

Beter basic stereo system, no big deal.

Impressive price and value
By Henry Semple

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car several weeks ago and have been driving it in a variety of different ways. I commute 25 miles each way on the highway for work and live in a densely populated city. The GT version's suspension and interior touches make longer highway drives pleasent and comftorble. In the city it handles well also but MPG suffers and becomes very average for its class. Also the visibility in the rear of the hatchback version is not as good as other hatchbacks I have driven. The engine is quick to respond from a stop but it seems you really have to lead foot it to get brisk accelleration at moderate speeds. Chose auto over manual after not liking the shift range and clutch.

Interior is calm and VERY quiet at 60-70mph. The perfect highway commuter. Very solidly built. Can't say enough about the extras I got for the price I paid.

Hatchback seems to lack good rearward vision. Could just take a little time to get used to. Also, if they're gonna call it a "GT", they should spice up the performance of the engine a little.