Used 2005 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews - 246 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Elantra

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Best car I ever purchased
By bernie

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

At the age of 50 I have owned my share of cars, THIS is the BEST car I have owned. It hugs and holds to the road in down pouring rain with no problems, I anticapte NO problems this winter with the snow. The warrente was the orignal reason I first started looking into a Hyundai, one I test drove it I was hooked. I HIGHLY recomend this car, it is GREAT!!!!

Stereo system, came with 6 speakers, and the sun/moon roof!!!!!!!!!!!! And the way it picks up speed on the highway, you Do have to be careful you can hit 80 mph without even realizing it.

NONE!!!!!

we love hyundais
By lionstar0803

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We absolutely love this car!!!In fact this is our 3rd hyundai. We recommend hyundais to our friends.. When we look for a new car we don't look anywhere else.

It is VERY user friendly. Everything is right within easy reach for the driver and the passsenger as well

We can't really think of anything we would change.

BEST value !!
By Romer

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My nephew was first looking at a used Honda Civic. After I told him he could get a fully loaded Elantra GLS with traction control and ABS for $13,352 (w/ a $1250 mfr. rebate), we took one out for a test drive with 4 adults and AC running. It had a great take off with 4 adults in and the AC running. The 10 year power terrain warranty is better than what Honda, Toyota or Nissan offers. Gas mileage is in the upper 2os for city and mid 30's for highway. The fit and finish is really good and the ride is comfortable. There is --NO WAY-- you can find a better package for this kind of money. Out the door ( with tax and everything included ), it was $14.8K.

Great mileage, almost everything included for $13,352.

can't think of any.

Nothing better for the price
By J.C.

2005 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a sporty, economy car, this is it! The others in its class don't even compare, especially on price and warranty. At 6'5" and 230lbs, I just do fit (more headroom if I'd not gotten the sunroof), but what a great commuter car.

Great factory stereo, and interior ergonomics. Large cargo area.

Nothing of importance, just fix airbag stickers on visors.

2005 Hyundai Elantra
By KTM

2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My primary concern when buying a new car was warranty. That led me to Hyundai. I drove the Elantra, and the 06 Sonata. I liked them both, but went with the lower payment. I'm impressed with the car and am enjoying it. I get great mileage, and a comfortable ride. If you're looking for a good car that's priced right, and has a fantastic warranty to back it up drive one. Best part about the warranty is you can make the 10 year 100k mileage bumper to bumper (less wear items) for only 700 bucks. A no brainer in my book. I

Fuel mileage, standard options, comfort

This car desperately needs an always hot power port so I can charge my cell when the keys are out of the ignition, trunk release on remote, cd player and slightly better speakers, quieter ride. (I say that with reservations because I've driven V6's for the last 10 years so maybe it's just me.)