Used 2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great Value
By Helen

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I needed something cheap to get me through college. I am so pleased with my purchase. It's a basic car, but the warranty makes me feel comfortable having it for the next however many years. My only complaints are that the keyless entry does not come with a trunk release, and that a CD player is not standard. Also, sometimes I find that I have to absolutely slam the trunk before it will latch, so check that out when you're looking.

Fuel econonmy; price

Trunk release on the keyless entry, CD player- I mean seriously, who uses a cassette player anymore?

My First "New" Car
By Sylvia

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very happy with our New Elantra (so far) Just waiting to see how it will handle this winter in the Ice and Snow. With the rising price of gas...I can't complain yet about fuel efficiency..but then again I've had it about four months and have not hit the 1000 mark.

Standard CD Player....Maybe more chrome accents on the exterior

Best car I have bought
By rich

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

What can I say. The best car in price range. Hyundai has come a long way!

Everything, well almost.

Takes bumps in road a little hard. The dash should light up purple for all models just not GT.

After a half dozen Hondas...
By Ralph Stein

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I didn't think I'd buy anything but a Honda again. A looming bill for an expensive selective college for my teen made me rethink the equation. So I test drove a Hyundai. It felt like a Honda, had a comfortable interior (I'm 6'2") and for a little over 16G I got the most feature-loaded car I've ever had. The sales experience was also the most low pressured ever and after two months of driving this car I'm thrilled with it. Will probably upgrade to another Hyundai - in four years.

Traction control system, ABS brakes, decent CD/AM/FM 6-speaker stereo, keyless entry w/alarm, easy handling and comfortable ride.

Beter basic stereo system, no big deal.

My first Hyundai
By Frank Maples

2005 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drive a lot of new vehicles for a large dealearship I work for. I have to say that I enjoy driving my 05 Elantra as much as any of the other new cars and more than most, regardless of price. Sure it's mine, but it's also fun! Ride and handling is impressive, and it feels very solid. I would definitely recommend this car, and have.

Fold down split rear seats and places to store small things accessible from the drivers seat.

Maybe a bet more power for passing, but with gas mileage this good (28/35) I'm not complaining to much.