Used 2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 266 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great Car!
By Hyndi03

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car pre-owned with 50,000 miles on it and it now has 88,000 and never had a problem. Had the car two years and constantly commute state to state. I can put $35 of gas in the tank (which is about 14 gallons if you really push it) and get around 450 miles to the tank. Drove from Philadelphia to Vermont without filling up and still had gas left over! Keep up on the oil changes, transmission flushes, and the tune ups and this car will never leave you stranded. Reliable, simple, and has good pickup.

Car has good handling and an easy feel to it. Very nice ride.

The headlights are ridiculous...they burn out frequently and when you need to repair them practically need to take the battery out to get to them. The brake lights are the same way. It's $15 a bulb and I have replaced them both about 3 times in 2 years.

I love my car
By Sharon

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car brand new and have had all required service completed as suggested. To date I have had no problems with my car. I have 84 thousand miles on it and hope it keeps on going. My next car will most likely be another Elantra or a Sonata depending on cost .

easy to drive

Sold with a old fashioned cassette player in it , should have been a Cd

Love this car!
By Mel

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in 2005 with only 13000 miles on it. Now in 2009 with over 100K miles it still drives almost like new! I had to replace the brakes once... but that's it. I live in New England and this car has made it up hills in a foot of snow that I've seen honda CRVs struggling in. This car was an awesome investment and I am most definitely going to be getting another elantra when I get a new car and I'm secretly jealous of whoever gets my old used one!

Reliability, gas milage,

none! loved this car. maybe just better audio?

Five years and no problems
By kazz64

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2003 Hyundai Elantra for five years and have had no problems. Bought car new with four miles on it. Outside of new brakes, tires and oil changes, have had ZERO problems with my car. Has never been in shop for problems. Am selling now at 70k miles, and will buy another as this car has been perfect. Honestly cannot say any issues/problems have had with car. Have never had to test warranty. Very happy.

Power mirrors, windows, locks. Nice cup holders, sun glass holder and ergonomics. Large trunk.

No problems.

Excellent value, very reliable
By 505danielm

2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been an excellent car, the price and warranty are what got us looking at it initially. We've never owned an import before, but now I'd definitely buy another Hyundai. We get 32-34 mpg in town, 40+ hwy. Gasoline with very high ethanol content does reduce MPG somewhat, but it will do that on any car. The only expense other than regular maintenance items was a battery. Plenty of interior room, upholstery still looks like new. PW, PDL, A/C, power mirrors all standard. Dealership was very determined to keep customers satisfied. We are very pleased with our Hyundai.

GREAT gas mileage, very roomy interior. Easy to work on, a very well-designed car.

Not alot of parts available from retail auto parts stores yet, but then I haven't needed to replace anything myself because of the warranty.