Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:

Another good choice from Hyundai
By lmarcanov

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Vivid blue with those wheels!! a combination that our friends really like. I bougth this car for my wife based on my personal experience with a 2001 Elantra and a 2006 Sonata. Engine has a good response, little bit noisy on acelaration but not a cheap noise, just breathing hard, almost the same that my old E 01! Automatic is smoother and I do recommend this option if you have little kids. Rear space is really good but you'll need the net to keep your load in place. Suspension is a little bit hard but remember when yo ask for 17 wheels 215/45 that's the normal feeling. Steering, is electric and feels little bit different than conventional on the HWY, you will love it at the parking lot.

- Illumination on the cluster and radio, better balance than lancer or Jetta. - Upholstery quality, your doors do not have cloth material on the support area. - Sound quality of the standard radio is real good. - Exterior design is well balanced between conventional and aggressive (VW vs Mazda 3)

- Remote opening on the rear door. - Standard bluetooth on the steering wheel should be included. (come on, that dealer installed option stinks and eliminate the glasses holder) - Illumination on the load area is not sufficient, need a lamp on the roof. - Sunvisors are short for lateral shade.

Great Car
By cerar627

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had this car a few days, but I am very impressed. My dad recommended it as a bigger option for my family which I was a skeptic of the "wagon" at first. After test driving and taking it home, I am hooked. It looks a lot better in person than in pictures. The ride is rougher than regular sedans, but not bad. CD/Radio/XM system is great and the layout overall is fantastic.

Stereo system, nice lines, roomy

Dim headlights don't have that far of visual distance

Surprised by how much I like it.
By mom22kids

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car during Cash for Clunkers, and my goal was to buy the least expensive car that would meet our immediate needs. This car fit that bill. I am really surprised at how much I like it--the hatchback makes a huge difference for getting things (strollers) in/out. We bought the SE b/c of the bigger tires to make the ride a bit more smooth and b/c the moon roof made things feel cramped. Great vehicle for hauling kids and their gear. A bit loud, but for this price what do you expect?

Room for cargo. Ease of handling. It's "zippy" and fun to drive. LATCH system for car seats.

Auto open hatchback (from a button on the fob which already exists). Improved dealership/sales team that don't display sexist behavior during the purchase process. Quieter cabin--the noise is my #1 complaint.

Happy Hatchback
By Brian

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Having driven my Touring for 6 weeks, I am impressed with the fit and finish of the vehicle. I am averaging 30mi on HWY and 27 in town. There a lot of user friendly pockets, there's plenty of head and leg room and I am a 6'2" tall. It may not have the most zip of a car but I am all about getting there safe and its safety really suprized me. Breaking is good and traction control has worked on snowy roads.

Heated seats, versatile storage space. Easy to lower and raise seats.

Standard bluetooth, automatic headlights,5 or 6 speed automatic, Need to develop a hybrid. Quieter tires

Surprised!
By Race

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was very surprised by this car, was compared to RAV4 and CRV but after the test drive and price I was sold. I did not need all the bells and whistles as this car has enough already and it is all standard. Drives and handles great and Hyundai quality as of late and the warranty cant be beat. Do your research and find out for yourself! I am extremely happy and feel I made a great choice in buying the Elantra Touring. I do not see too many on the road and always get asked and get looks while driving..........26 to 27 mpg in mixed driving and still breaking in the engine.....

Quality, Warranty, ipod port, handling, looks and cargo space.

Auto door locks, nets on back of front seats. All weather mats instead of carpet.