Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:

Good car but
By CarLover

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I considered Civic, Legacy, and Elantra Touring (ET). I bought ET because I wanted to save money. Fuel Economy was okay, 26.6 MPG combined driving city and highway. As you know, new sonata 2011 can save more gas. I found that door lock was not working sometimes. After restart Engine, the door lock works fine. I changed 2 rims and 2 tires. The one original rim costed me $360 and the original tire cost me $168. Use tirerack.com, not Hyundai Dealer service. I think the original rim and tire is too weak. The good thing was no power train problems so far.

Bluetooth (Dealer installed) XM (3 months free, then $9 or $13/month) Heated front seats.

Make stronger rim. Use Bridge stone or better one for oem tires, not Kumho. The kumho tire was the worst tire I have ever used. Is that make sense to provide 15 in spare tire even though others are 17in. The spare tire recommend to drive less than 50 mi/hour. What can I do at the highway?

Fun Little Wagon
By Budget Mike

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We recently traded our Sonata (2010) for this Elantra Touring. The Sonata was (and is) a great car, but we wanted more rearward visibility and less bulk. This car fills the bill, and adds a fun/sporty factor along with it. So far, we have really enjoyed the car and look forward to a lot of pleasant miles together.

Styling, seat firmness, outward visibility.

A few more ponies under the hood would be welcome. The brakes are very touchy, so tone down the assist. The gas pedal requires a firm push to move it down, so lighten up on that, please.

Excellent value
By John

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car purchase - I've had it for about two months now and am loving it. Averaging 35 mpg mixed driving. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of head and leg room. Love the blue color. Overall, I'd say it's a great value at about $19.8k OTD.

Design, nice sound system, storage space, dash lighting, handling, price.

Rear visibility is poor, button on key fob to open hatch, beige interior for more colors, auto-headlights.

"Well Sorted" Red SE 5 speed
By Fred

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A really fine car - great driving dynamics. Superior design, finish, and assembly using average materials to control cost. Very obviously well engineered - check the engine well layout. Zero rattles/extraneous noise in my car. Comments on issues others have mentioned: "dead steering" - not really, just sort of a "notch" at top dead center which helps give this car great tracking at speed on the highway - on 2 lane twisties, not an issue rough ride: firm suspension, beefy roll bars, and 45 profile tires do not give you a Bentley - get the GLS or get the SE and replace the 17" rims with 16" or 15" (I am considering this - but the cornering sure is fun as is) ugly: no - just restrained..

Clutch/b&m shifter offer feel as good as any . Really roomy. No buffeting from sunroof. Very low wind/road noise altogether. Modest total power but engine revs willingly and pulls well from low revs 30 mpg in mixed suburban driving and improving - computer and "by hand" closely agree.

Wish I could have bought the European 1.6 cdi - or could use a 6th gear. The 2.0 has enough grunt to drop back 500 rpm on the highway ... what a car this would be with longer legs The ET one does more things well than most If the long term quality is as good as I hope, this will be a fine car to own

Fun car to drive, easy to park
By mike

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in a Suburban, this car is fun to drive, somewhat noisy, so far we had 3k miles, my daughter like is very much (she is 3yrs old. my first brand new car, we have a 2001 Saab 95 that is not as noisy as this.

large interior good mileage lots of storage space

stronger body parts, cheap plastic, similar to Toyota, Kia or Honda. price wise too expensive