Used 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:

Our (Former) "Lucy"
By Kyle C.

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car was a great compact 5 door hatchback. For the 3 years we had it, it NEVER gave us ANY trouble at all! Takes on snow like it's nothing. Adequately quiet and smooth ride. Great sound system, with standard USB and auxiliary jacks. It has a neat cooled glove box compartment. Decent gas mileage. Great cargo space, considering the size of the vehicle. The front seats have modest bolsters that hold you in during sharp turns. The only complaints are ease of certain maintenance (e.g. oil changes), no automatic climate control, and a small backseat (however, it's bigger than say, a Fiesta). Would buy one again.

Premature brake wear
By SB

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

2014 Elantra GT w/25,000 miles and front brake inner pads worn down to metal & inner rotors badly scored, outer pads & rotors not even 50% worn!!! Gerald Hyundai in North Aurora, IL says not covered IW, I don't drive enough?!?! Apparently Hyundai dealers DON'T stand behind the product they sell. I have seen hundreds of other Elantra drivers with similar issues & are told the same BS excuse!!

Fun car!
By Kim

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I really love this car. Comfortable, sporty, quiet, affordable.

Hyundai Elantra GT
By Janice Kahn

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car has everything. Electric seats. Heated seats with lumbar support. Passenger and driver side and seat airbags. Blue tooth. Two USB ports and an additional outlet dedicated to an iPod. Controls on the steering wheel. A rear windshield wiper. Large storage in the hatchback. The storage compartment has a cover to hide what you have in it, but it can be removed, and the rear seats folded down to give you a larger storage area. I believe the windows are tinted. The rear view mirror has special controls on it. The Driver's side view mirror has a smaller mirror in it. The stereo has a nice sound with pre-set buttons. The controls are very easy to learn. It's keyless entry and keyless start. A lot of extras. And I got it at a great price. It was listed on line for $2000 less than the sticker price and the Dealership (Lester Glenn Hyundai) honored the on-line price and was very eager to work with me.

Elantra Mantra
By Elantra Mantra

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Hyundai Elantra GT is basically a comfortable and enjoyable vehicle; easy and comfortable to handle on the road and it gives good mpg. Even though I did not purchase one with the many luxury features I enjoy driving it. My son loved ECO feature and thinks it made a difference in the MPG. I am not excited of that feature, because it seems to me that I get the same whether its on or off. I enjoy driving this vehicle now although at first it seemed to be a little lower than normal. It took me a little while to get used to sitting so close to the road, that might have been so because I've been seating high for a few years in my old trucks and loving it! In any case, I got used to the Elantra GT and its features and now I;m enjoying driving it. I like and the comfortable seats and especially the sound system. The brakes are really there when needed and the hatchback holds plenty. I love the steering wheel, it's comfortable to hold onto. I am not a fan of the way in which the dashboard connects to the windshield. It seems unusual and awkward to reach. A few times I find myself struggling to retrieve an item that slid toward the front and somehow is very hard to reach - pen, note pad, paper or even sun glasses. The forward movement at times may have caused whatever it is to wedge into the narrow slanting front. If the item happens to be the size of a credit card, then prepare to pry and struggle for a while to retrieve it! The Elantra GT is an overall good, comfortable vehicle - Not much fancy features, but in my opinion, you get your money's worth .