2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Review: Great Small Family Car

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great Small Family Car
By rem836 on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I shopped and shopped and finally decided on the Elantra GT.
Main factors in my decision were price and cargo space.
I was a bit worried about fitting two car seats in the back seat, but both fit comfortably and the middle cup holder can still flip down...not that I'm going to show that feature to my kids!
The car handled well in the winter ice and snow.

We do have some trouble fitting everything into the car when traveling with 4 people. Thinking a roof top bag will help solve this problem. Since I didn't get roof rails, I am slightly worried about damage to the door areas where the straps will press, but we'll see.

Still love the car after 2.5 years.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By dansmom3391
on 04/06/14 09:06 AM (PDT)

Hi everyone...first day on this site, and I'm scared now! I've been a Rav 4 suv driver for 20 years...my car at almost 300 miles has died, and I'm looking for a new car. I wanted a great warranty, good gas mileage, fun to drive, reliable, and love bells and whistles. I had no intention on getting a hatchback...but after much research was going for the Sonata.. I quickly realized it was out of my budget and I didn't want the base without anything like moonroof, etc. The dealership, had a 2013, with the color I wanted, w/the black leather interior, and fully loaded for a price I couldn't beat...I was soo happy. I put down $1,000, and am waiting for my refinance to go through...now I'm looking at the reviews, and plp are hating the gas mileage and I'm afraid. Does anyone have positive things to say about this car. I still have time to bail...but now I'm super confused. Don't know what other car to get that I could afford...I drive my cars for 13 years...HELP!!