Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:

Not a bad car...but Hyundai Warranty is a joke
By Doug in Vancouver

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Elantra GT new, and have driven it for four years, putting about 70K miles on it. For the most part, the car has been comfortable and reliable and trouble-free. As is well known, the true MPG is nowhere near the marketing claims by Hyundai (and there is an unresolved class action lawsuit underway to address that). I also had a problem where the rear quarter-panel window trim fell off - fortunately I found a TSB published on the internet about that, so Hyundai fixed it under warranty. However, I recently had a problem where the clutch started chattering/slipping. My mechanic discovered that the transmission input shaft seal was defective/leaking. Even though this is covered by the Hyundai 10 year/100K warranty - Hyundai refused to honor the warranty and pay for the repair. So if you are considering buying a Hyundai vehicle, I would recommend purchasing instead a vehicle with higher quality/reliability and from a manufacturer who stands behind their product and their warranty commitments (think Honda, Toyota, Mazda). And definitely don't count on the Hyundai 10 year/100K warranty actually providing you any protection from product defects.

My GT
By Jack Accountius

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Has been an excellent car. 63000 miles and has never needed any repair. Live on a dirt road, but this never phased the car. One of the best I have ever driven in ice and snow.

Great Little Car
By Tahoedirt

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'm single with a medium sized dog- We both love the car. I bought a salvage title (from small accident) and stole this guy at almost half price !! Mine only has 15k miles and I've only driven 1500 of that, so it's early on for a review, but I can't find fault anywhere. There's one detail I'll mention- I like to sit up a little higher and I'm 6-3, so I use a foam pad. I don't like sitting down inside a car and prefer to be on top of things.

A great car
By Nate

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

In my opinion, the 2013 Elantra GT is the perfect commuter car. On average, I drive about 35 to 40 mostly highway miles per day to and from work, and I routinely get about 34 miles per gallon, which is just about as good as it gets for a regular gas engine vehicle. The car handles extremely well in most road conditions; having said that, if snowy conditions make you nervous, you might prefer an AWD vehicle. (For my part, I have never had a problem with it in the snow.) The Hyundai warranty is second to none. The car has been extremely reliable: Mine has over 56,000 miles on it, and have had no issues outside normal maintenance. I just changed the tires for the first time, but that's normal; otherwise, the brakes, clutch, fluid levels, etc. are all in great shape. Basically, if you're looking for a reliable, economical vehicle that is great for daily use either in town or on the highway, I cannot recommend this car highly enough. I plan to keep mine for a long time.

could be wears
By curt

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

not the wears car iv ever owned but i would not recommend i tell people to stay away from 20013 Elantra
mpg is way off what they say gear shifting could be a lot better rear end of car over bumps fells like it lifting off the ground had the car one session and that when the issues started found out in the spring of 2015 the a/c did not work took it to the dealer nothing wrong but needed a recharge could not find the leak work all summer well this spring i noticed it did not work again so i have to take it in still can not find the leak this is just one problem was parked in my drive way one morning found out my car would not start light would come on but engine would not start after 20 mins of trying to find out what was wrong at 6am got made hit the shiftier car starts up ok went to work did this on 7 time the past year well iv decided after reading thing on the internet that Hyundai made [non-permissible content removed] Elantra that year getting read of this car this week shame not even 52000 miles on it