Used 2013 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 6-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )

Good for the buck
By Seth Duncan

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I love the curves of the car. I love the many options that it came with as standard. I love the price and the power train warranty. The audio is terrible though and the ride a little bumpy. I am getting about 16 miles to the gallon instead of 20 for city driving. Will keep an eye on that especially as I have it on ECO.

Big Value for Price
By kk

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I am 27 years old and I have only owned luxury cars: Mercedes and BMW. When I was ready to move on from my BMW I walked into the dealership knowing I was going to leave with an Acura TLX. I drove the TLX and a Kia Optima but they did not have everything I was looking for. My boyfriend suggested I drive the 2013 Hyundai Azera (used obviously). I was hesitant because I have never heard of it but after driving I was unsure why I have never heard of it!! The exterior looked sporty yet luxurious, the inside was spacious (front, back and trunk space), the interior design was so impressive (comparable to anything I had with my past luxury PLUS some!). I drove it like I would everyday and it was smooth and fast. The cabin was so quiet. The mpg was a huge consideration for me which the Azera did well for a luxury car. And the price for what I was getting was amazing to me! I was sold. I left that day with it. I am almost 5 months into owning it and I could not be happier. I have not had any issues with it and I was in one small fender bender where the other persons car was damaged but mine was not at all which was very impressive. Every time someone gets in my car they ask me "what kind of car is this again? This is really nice!" I had someone get upset after I told them what I spent for it and they felt stupid for buying their car for way more and getting way less. I love my car! This car should be talked about more.

Going back to Nissan!
By MikeW.

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE and I loved it. What a super car and my oldest son recently turned it in to purchase his first Car. Back in 2013, just after I turned 50, I decided I would join my wife and get a new car. I liked the way the Azera looked, test drove it and decided to buy one. I wish I hadn't. The pros: the ride is decent, the car looks good, and it is roomy. The Cons: cheap interior(Trim on the steering wheel is peeling), the Bluetooth is (awful had to get it replaced once and people always complain it is hard to hear), Black soot is present in the exhaust pipes(Since Day 1 and I have seen other Azeras with the same issue) and the BIGGEST CON..the finish on all four 19" inch Alloy wheels is peeling and Hyundai(nor my dealer - Burns Hyundai in Marlton, NJ) will not replace them. The car will be sold shortly and I will be going back to Nissan.

Bought First Hyundai in US. Hyundai's Ever Since
By Jim Stevens

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I and my family have owned Hyundai's for over 29 years. That's right "FOR OVER 29 YEARS. Hyundai entered the U.S. market in 1986 with the introduction of its subcompact Excel. Our family has bought and enjoyed every Hyundai we have purchased since that time. We have owned over 8 Hyundai's since their conception in the United States. Long story short, 'ALL' have performed exceptionally well with minimal and or no repair required. They have improved exceptionally over the years and in my opinion, Hyundai is one of the best keep secrets in the automotive industry and one of the best vehicles on the road today. All of us are committed to Hyundai and will but nothing else.

As far as my current vehicle, the 2013 Azera, 'FANTASTIC' . Friends of ours have had their Chevy' s and Fords in the shop multiple times for repairs. Not our Hyundai's.

I hate this car
By Jay Skousen

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is probably the 15th car I have owned and I have had only a few clunkers, but this one takes the cake. It is not the "big" issues, I have not had any mechanical issues, but it is the little things. If I can recall them, they are:
> The placement of the power seat controls are on the doors near the C(?) pillar so that in order for either the driver or passenger to recline the seat or move it all the way to the rear you have to maintain a sit up until the operation is done. Ditto when you want to return the seat to its normal position, a sit up is needed.
> The GPS is difficult to program, and it has a tendency to take you on strange routes, going from our home to my daughters in Dallas the last 20 miles it had us on narrow two lane roads when there were major 4 lanes and decent two lanes available, and it would have been shorter, faster. Even on moderately near destinations, 50 miles or so, it has a tendency to misdirect you right as you near the destination, it has had us turn West when we should have gone East on X road just a half mile from the destination. A terrible terrible system. It does not show the roads you are coming upon either. I suppose it does tell you many POIs such as rest areas, but I would have had to take out the manual to find out how, gads this bloody thing has at least 3, yes 3, manuals! The piece de resistance though is that in most cars with the GPS factory installed have a hood surrounding it so the glare from the sun is minimized. Not this car, there are times during a sunny day one cannot see the display.
> The sound system has an awesome sound I believe it has 12 speakers, an infinity system. BUT, it is not intuitive on how to program stations you want to save. It is nice to be able to save, what is it 18 stations per band, BUT, when you push the steering wheel control to move to the next station it only allows the six stations shown. To get to the others you have to take your eyes off the road to select the next 6 and so on. On my GMC it flows from channel to channel and once you have gone through all the channels you can reverse. I will say though, the saving grace is the voice command. It works well. (I never did figure out how to instruct it to get directions via the GPS, I only used it to find me a station to listen to).
> I have heated and cooling seats in the front and to heater work fine, but after the first summer season the cooling seats for the driver were minimally effective, I could live with it, but when I first got the car it made me cold, not now, though I am comfortable but gee.
> I lived in the Detroit area for nearly 40 years and learned to drive there. I was livid to find out that I had wheel locks placed on the car. Not one, not one person I know anywhere has lost a wheel to thieves, not in Detroit or here in Ohio where I now live. The key was gone when I first went for a rotation and was asked for the key, I was nonplussed. I had to order a key for $15, and could not buy new lug nuts as in the infinite wisdom of Hyundai the lug nuts are not a standard size I had to have the dealer replace the lug nuts for another 20. This is not an option I would tout if I were them. Can you imagine your spouse having a tire issue anywhere and not being able to take your wheel/tire off because it is locked? Whew!
> It seems to that Hyundai has an issue wherein you press on the gas and the car thinks for 3-4 seconds before it responds. Drives me nuts, and of course the dealer comes back, "it is normal we find nothing wrong" I compained 3 times. I have driven for nearly 40 years and have owned multiple cars and vans. My brother worked at GM in engines as an engineer, this is not normal. I am not a fool.

I expected this to be the last car I would buy as I am now in my 60s. but I am going to get rid of this damn thing and buy something else. I am sure there is other issues, for instance I do not like the keyless entry and start feature, but my wife does. The big issue for me is that when I am exiting the car and press the lock button if I am still coming out it will not lock. I don't like that, but my wife has no problem so i mention it but it really is not too big an issue.