Used 2008 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Azera

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Very Happy
By Joe in NJ

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an '08 Azera Limited yesterday so this is my initial review. I'm very impressed with the car's ride, overall quality and appearance. I bought it with 16,500 miles. I paid $17K + my 2002 Sonata that was essentially a write off. I'm very happy with the deal I made. $17K for a $30K+ car is awesome. It's comfortable, SAFE and classy. I don't see any reason to pay the premium for other brands. This is my 3rd Hyundai and there probably will be a 4th.

Ride, comfort, power, great stereo, bluetooth, overall value particularly since I bought pre-owned.

None so far

Very Good but no Great
By shagnat

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Hyundai. I had done loads of research before purchasing this car. I've been a Toyota man for 20+ years and it was difficult to change brands. The low resale value of this cars helped me to purchase the Hyundai. I'm not sure if I regret this decision or not, but, time will tell. I don't believe it is the same quality as Toyota, but, it's close in many areas. The performance is excellent, gas mileage is very good for 263 hp. Seating comfort is a little lacking due to very short seat bottoms. Many many lxury features, but, they haven't changed much at all since 2006. Needs a major updating.

Performance was my main goal with this car and it delivers. Gas mileage is very good for a 263HP engine. I get ~20 with all in town driving. The array of luxury features is a nice touch too.

A smoother ride would be nice. My Azera feels every single road irregularity to include expansion joints on the interstate. Lord help if it hits a pothole or a bump that really matters. It'll jar your fillings loose. The car handles well, just rides horribly.

Disappointed - Not for Everyone!!!
By Alex

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

1) After first week, I felt the car pulling ...took to the dealer and they aligned it. 2nd wk still pulling...took back to the dealer and they found that the left front tire was defective and replaced for free... 2) After ~13K miles vibration upon applying brake...dealer stated that rotors needed to be "turned"...I was outside of 12K miles for what Hyundai calls "adjustments" and so had to pay 3) Dashboard cracked - KNOWN PROB WITH AZERAS- this was what was stated by dealer-My car is garaged and was so very disappointed/frustrated that yet another prob-replaced under warranty 4) Loud noise in Engine. Dlr ran diagnostics & checked front end.Could find nothing wrong...hoping nothing awaits me next

Heated seats/Homelink/Trunk capacity

Pls do remember that Hyundai's have a very steep depreciation! Overall Technology and Qlty. For me it is evident why they have one of the best warranties out there...would not buy another Hyundai Gas mileage- 18 city which I guess is within their spec but expected better. Quality of Rotors

SURPRISING
By Steven

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the market for a 5 series BMW and decided to a take a friends advice and check out the Hyundai Azera. Very glad I did, it has all the features of the BMW with extras such as folding mirrors, telescoping pedals and steering wheel. The entry and exit from the vehicle was also easier than the 5 series bmw body. The HP on the Azera is surpasses the BMW 525 as well. Warranty was also much better. 6yrs/60K compared to the 4yrs/50K BMW. The Azera is very stable at hugs the road well on turns. OVer all very pleased.

12 speakers, 17"wheels, 55 series tires, heated seats are great for your lower back. large trunk space, septronic transmission, great acceleration.

More sound insulation would help cut down some of the highway driveing street noise.

Very Pleased Azera Owner
By Azera owner

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car will not disappoint you. It offers many luxurious features at a fraction of the price in comparison to Lexus. It is truly a pleasure to drive. It is equipped with ample power for safe passing and responds well on hills and navigating turns. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a car with style and grace - it more than measures up to Lexus or BMW.

Power fold mirrors, ample storage, tire pressure monitor, power adjustable gas/acceleration pedals, power telescopic steering wheel, infrared rain sensor, heated seats, comfortable seats, 8 airbags, and ample leg room.

Darker interior - light beige is hard to keep clean. Better marketing strategies - this car is not promoted nearly enough. The car is absolutely beautiful - why not show it off - showcased it with more aggressive advertising - stop hiding it behind the Genesis !!