Used 2008 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Azera

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Been there Done that
By skyken

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at Hyundai in 1986 and didn't buy. Had 2001 Audi A6 which I sold and wanted to replace with a newer model. Drove a Sonata on a dare and enjoyed it but wanted a more powerful luxury car similar to my Audi Quattro which was the best handling car I've ever owned. The Azera that I bought was $6,000 less and 2 years newer than a comparable A6. Mileage at steady 80 is 22 mpg at 53 mph was an astonishing 29 mpg. Very comfortable ride, excellent handling for a FWD full size sedan. The dealer in Delray Beach treats me like gold and has replaced shocks, turned rotors above 30k miles. I've driven all types of cars in my over 40 years and this has to be one of the best. Definitely will buy again.

In Florida we tint windows. Problem at night seeing though. Don't need rear tint as there's an electrically raised shade. Electric folding side mirrors, excellent stereo. Powerful 3.6L engine. Great transmission. One touch up/down on front windows. We use heated seats in the winter instead of heater.

Need LED display on stereo & A/C. Fold- down seats need larger trunk access pass-through. Brighter interior lighting with ability to turn all on from driver's position. More coverage for high beams. A little tighter on suspension. Passenger wiper clearance between hood and wiper in order to raise wiper.

Own a 2006 & 2008 azera
By BILL IN SO. CALIF.

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2006 (1st year model) limited edition, with 12,000 miles. Now has 103,000. Gave it to my wife, when I bought a used 2008 azera with 12,000 miles, now has 30,000. I have owned over 25 cars in my life, and these are among my top 3 all time favorite cars. You can't beat the quality and features for the price. Dealer service is the only way to go. They stand behind their cars 100%. If I have to complain about something, its the amount of road noise on the freeway. My 2008 has navigation, but it is outdated, and not user friendly. Hyundai is updating the nav in 2011. Two friends have bought azera's, after driving mine.

605 Watt stereo, all the power accessories. Quality of construction, comfort of seating, (I'm 6,4")

Reduce road noise problem.

Long-Term Update
By Drew2931

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a long-term update to my earlier report about 16 months ago when the car had about 20,000 miles. I now have about 60,000 miles on the car and I still love it. No question that this is one of the best cars - definitely the best value - I have ever owned. I have only had only one unusual problem - had a broken tooth on the timing gear, it was replaced under warranty. Otherwise it has been perfectly reliable. As you can tell, I spend a lot of time in a car covering al-ms in technology sales. I often will drive over 3 hours in a stretch and I arrive still feeling good as the car is so comfortable.

Very comfortable to drive. All the amenities to make driving less stressful - comfortable driving position, heated seats, good A/C, great visibility, reasonably quiet, good stable handling, excellent and logical controls; great trunk space, great back seat - easily seats 3 adults.

Then only thing I would really like to see improved is suspension performance: big bumps bottom out the suspension which unsettles the car somewhat, however it does not seem to throw it off line. Minor: Paint - difficult to keep clean. I understand this has been addressed starting in 2009.

I'd look at a Sonata
By 2007SonataLover

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own a Sonata. Mine went in to the shop for a recall and I got a 2008 Azera with 20k miles on the odo. It rattles like crazy and you hear the back end. The transmission is terrible and doesn't shift right. There is cheap plastic and door handles are plastic. My Sonata is so much nicer and roomier. I don't understand. Was looking forward to driving this car. Like Hyundai, but I would look at a Sonata. Mine has twice the miles and no rattles. Oh, turned the radio up so I couldn't hear the rattles and the Infinity radio is pretty bad too. This one pulls to the right, maybe it's been wrecked since its a loaner car?

POWER! Love the 3.8 Lambda. Wish they had that option for the Sonata. Maybe I should have test drove a V-6 Sonata instead of just testing and buying an I4?

Cheap plastics. New transmission. Get rid of the rattles and cheap fake chrome accents. More room inside. Front seat needs to go back further. Can't see the gauges due to steering wheel position and can't move it to see any better. Radio needs improving too. Keep going Hyundai! Almost there!

Best Car I've ever owned
By EGKG

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned a Pontiac Bonneville, didn't ever think I would find a car as comfy as my Bonneville, but this car has surpassed it in the Comfort Zone! I test drove 7 different cars before I drove this car, and it was by far the best!! The steering is so precise you feel like it's doing all the work for you! The power side view mirrors the heated seats with lumbar support for the driver and passenger, the adjustable pedals, the auto settings for the mechanical steering wheel for 2 different drivers,the back seat has great leg room, I just can't say enough about how much we are enjoying this car!! This is definitely a Luxury Car!!

Seat comfort i.e, lumbar support, heat, adjustable pedals, power side view mirrors and steering column, very smooth steering, jsut about Everything!

The trunk is difficult to close,needs a better latch/close feature, sometimes I think I had it closed only to find out it wasn't. Interior Noise reduction, side view mirrors seem to hold onto rain making it difficult to see our of them during rainstorms. Better/bigger Arm Rest/storage space