Used 2008 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Azera

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Still the best value in the land
By Ed

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Still the best value. Bought my Azera only six months ago and already put 12,000 miles on it. It's a dream. What a value for the bucks (less than $20K). And I always get looks and comments. Minor annoyances: driver's seat doesn't go back far enough; bumps are over exaggerated. But all in all it's more than likely the best car I've ever owned (and I've owned about 15). Nothing to think about. If you're looking for a great car at a great price - Azera's your only real choice. I'm even thinking about getting another one.

Ride (as long as I'm on smooth road). Look. Luxuries & Conveniences.

More extension on the driver's seat to move rearward. Smoother ride over bumps.

Replaced Michelins with Bridgestones
By sgtusmc73

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

OEM Michelins with lots of rubber were driving me nuts with their noise. Replaced them with Bridgestone Turanzas Serenity. Holy Crapola! What an upgrade in so many ways; it drives like a new car. No more noise and hippity hopping down the bunny trail anymore. And the car drives like it is on a track, unbelievable. Got the tires out the door for $400. Great deal; great tire; finally great handling and cruising and silence - blessed silence. Those Michelins were driving my buggy. Those are the only Michelins I have ever had on a car and they will be the only ones. SemperFi

All of the bells and whistles which cae with this Azera Limited with the Ultimate Package which I dressed up with rebadging, chrome on window frames, tinted windows, and a spoiler to touch off the rear end. This is the best damned car that I have ever owned and it gets a lot of great comments.

The only improvement I would like to make is to upgrade the struts; I think that the OEM ones are not up to the quality of the rest of the car.

Excessive road noise inside
By CALIFGUY

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2008 Azera for 9 months, and have noticed the road noise inside the car to be very loud, compared to the 2006 Azera I still own, and my wife drives. I have adjusted the tire pressure on the Michelin tires, and still see no improvement. Both cars have the exact same tires, and maintain the same tire pressure. The dealer says "it is what it is", and couldn't explain why both cars would vary so much in road noise. I still have 1000's of miles wear left on these tires, and hope when the time comes to replace them, it will make a difference

Power folding mirrors,automatic adjusting steering column, rear window shade, Satellite radio, 20 gal. fuel tank, dual temp. zones, dual seat warmers, huge trunk, split folding rear seats, plenty of horsepower, leather seats, power moon roof,low cost of maintenance, 100,000 mile warranty.

road noise

Poor Quailty vehicle no care fromHyundai
By Steve

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Guess the frustration is everything gone wrong seems to not be able to be repaired or not covered under Hyundai warranty. In 2 years CD has gone out, not under warranty, head gasket blew, not has a battery discharge short they cannot find and been in shop for 4 times same issue for a month. Hyundai won't return calls to me to discuss the issue and shop says they know it has a problem but don't know how to repair. While I enjoyed this car at once as a company I now have to give Hyundai an "F" for consumer assistance and standing behind their product. They are not a brand on my do not buy list for any reason.

Limited in nice yet seating does not adjust to way Americans sit in seating.

Take care of customers when there is a problem. Fix it or replace it.

Best Car I Have Owned
By Leslie

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 5th Hyundai and they just get better each time. Great car to drive back and forth to work everyday (50 miles so comfort and safety are paramount). The leather interior is luxurious and the wood trim gives a sense of elegance and opulence in an otherwise very affordable car. Such a smooth comfy ride, reminds me of my Mother's 1978 Cadillac El Dorado.

The rain sensing windshield wipers. The retractable sunscreen in the back window.