Used 2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Best car I have owned
By R.Cherry

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Of all the cars I have ever owned, be it new or used this is the best one of the bunch. Only problems I have to report are that after three months I couldn't get the XM radio to re-cycle and the pearl white paint seems to chip a little too much for my tastes. A dealer fixed the XM radio in less than a minute. One more thing, tires seem to have flat spots in them until they warm up. Otherwise a great car. I was impressed enough to buy my wife a 2009 Hyundai Sonata, solely on the strength of the Hyundai name. They have come a very, very long way since their first exports here years ago.

Mistaken for a more expensive brand

Better chip resistance paint, better tires.

2007 Azera
By Chuck Leonard

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This was the the first truly new car we every purchased. We really like the cars exterior green color and light beige leather interior. The car performs very will and we get about 26.5 MPG on the highway The biggest problem I have with the and maybe I should say the tires that came on it, is road noise. at 17,000 miles the dealer Car City St Joseph MO replaced one the tires but that really did not solve the problem. Now at 30,800 miles the dealer is saying the tires are cupped. Telling me its my fault for not rotating then every 7,500 miles.

Back screen visor Access for cruise control

Silver finish on console is not durable enough.

Stu's Azera
By B. Stu

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car new. Has everything on it. At 30,333 miles, I'm getting 32 highway (doing 65mph) and 26 city on the 3.8L engine. This car was designed for the Korean executive market, and truly has an upscale look and feel to it. For the dollar, it's a keeper (I'll keep it 10-15 years)! Do the research on this...you can applaud the Korean auto maker on a job well done!

Exterior style. Excellent road handling. Engine performance is first rate. Interior features of a high-end European luxury car! Strong safety rating!

MP3 plug-in jack needed. Larger instrument panel. Factory issued Michelin XL "green" tires are too soft and noise; I'll be lucky if I get 40k miles out of them.

Dissatisfied
By BJ

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We were so excited to own our Azera until the tires went bad. We had only had the car a few months. It became very noisy. The ride is bumpy. Then the rear visor would get stuck and make the most atrocious noise. The handles fell off, the dash cracked. The battery repeatedly died for no apparent reason. The trunk is awful. It was poorly designed and rain water falls in and wets all my paper documents inside! I'll buy a Honda or Toyota next time!

leather seats

trunk,battery,dashboard,tires, handles, sunvisor, shocks

warranty issues
By Lee F

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The 2007 Azera appears like a great buy due to the features and warranty. However, the car seems to be built with cheap questionable parts and design. We've had trouble with door locks, airbags, and accessories. All were under warranty. Then the engineer covers under the car actually came off while we were on the highway -- huyndia is not covering it. So, buyer beware.