Used 2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

No excuses & almost absurdly high value!
By Andy

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am an all-around car nut, been through 3 BMW 5-series, two Tauruses, a Volvo, two Buicks, 3 Jag XJs. This car makes NO excuses. It is not groomed enough to be a full-blooded European sport-luxury sedan but its powertrain, suspension, steering, aesthetics inside & out, and feature set, is every bit the equal of Japanese and Swedish competitors. If you expect a quick, smooth ride, with a silky-smooth transmission, reasonable fuel economy, and a ton of features that make you happy every time you get in the car, then this car is a 10/10 across the board. I give it such high ratings because it does what it says it does almost to perfection. My wife doesn't miss her Vanden Plas one iota!!!

- EXCELLENT all-aluminum 3.8L V6. Can't tell if it's idling or turned off, it's so smooth. - extremely quick-shifting and silky smooth 5-speed transmission - heated seats incredible stereo good leather huge trunk huge rear seats sharp interior trim safety features good looking and for HOW MUCH!?!?!?

Do something to make it easier to resist buying myself an Azera too. I am waiting impatiently for the arrival of the Genesis. If it improves on Azera... wow! Well done Hyundai, I have no complaints.

I'm Still Smiling
By MsAzzy

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

After the issues that I've had with my dealearship, I'm still very happy with my purchase. The car rides beautifully! Although other say they get 20-23 mpg I'm only getting 17.5 but maybe because of my lead foot or either an issue with the display. I tell everyone that I know that I have an Azera and they say a what??? I'm in a way glad that I'm not seeing myself 1000x's on the road.

heated seats, exterior, interior, sound system, comfortable ride, rear sunshade.

ipod hook-up, gps system

The Azera is a great car!
By CiceroBill

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a number of luxery cars that were far pricier than the Azera, I really think tjhis car is a great value. The interior is very nice and upscale. The ride is soft and smooth, and this might be the quietest car I have ever driven! Plenty of power, good handling... what else could you ask for? I have read many of different reviews on the various Azera forums and have experienced none of the problems that have been discussed.

The power and ride. Just fantastic!

GPS and plug in for ipod.

Snug as a bug in a rug
By Jon

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a full size and safe car (grandson). Everything I read or researched said this was the car for me. I love it. Smooth comfortable ride,quiet as an atheist in church,plenty of oomph,safety can't be beat. On highways or good back roads it is a dream. Sometimes on rough roads or going over expansion joints on cement roads there is an intrusion of noise into the normally dead silent interior which usually simply engulfs you with serenity. No hint of looseness and a smooth push of power when you need or want it. I assume the safety features work as well as the rest of the car. I have zero regrets in my choice and I am sure I will like this car just as much years from now.

Quiet, comfortable, easy to manuever, power enough, mileage is excellent for a car this size, variable valve timing allows unleaded gas and efficient burning (good green rating), interior seems to fit like a glove and the fit and finish is superb.

Don't try to fix something that is not broke. OK, I did put plastic mats over the light colored originals as they would certainly be stained and hopelessly dirty after a few months. OK, what in the world is the use of folding mirrors? Car wash? Really small garage? Brag to friends?

I Love My Car...
By nowphoenix

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. It would be "perfect" if it were a 2-seater convertible, but I'm extremely happy with it. Fuel economy could be "greener" but it's a big car, so... It's extremely comfy on short and long rides and my friends continually ask, "This is a Hyundai?" I really don't have any bad things to say which is rare since it's my 17th car. I tend to switch cars every year or two, but can see myself keeping this one for quite awhile...at least until the new Hyundai Genesis hits showrooms! Don't smirk before you try it. You will be pleasantly surprised how nice the Azera is...especially if you're over the sky high repair bills of Mercs and BMWs.

POWER. Put your foot in it and it GOES. Seating, though high, is really comfy. Passenger and cargo room is caverous. Awesome Infinity sound system. (Please add an Mp3 jack and nix the cassette, next model)

Handling should be stiffened a bit. It gets "Cadillac floaty" over freeway expansion joints. Maybe Hyundai could create a "sport" model of this car. It would definitely reach the performance-oriented buyer. All of the components are there...just take the chance.