Used 2006 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews - 303 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Azera

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

After 80,000 mi. Its still like new
By BILL IN SO. CALIF

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I drive a lot, and at 6,4" it fits me great. I appreciate the power, standard features, and quality of the bodywork and paint. I'm going to keep it until it falls apart, then get another one. After having a Toyota Avalon, and comparing both, I went with the azera. Dealer has been great.

Ease to drive, pullout power,dual comfort zone. Infinity sound system. All the standard features, that cost more on other cars.

Headlights need upgrading, which I did. Clock can't be seen if its a sunny day.

Trip odometer resets
By Ray

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Someone wrote a review about their 2009 Azera having problems with trip odometer resetting. Check the battery connections. Mine was slighly loose. Enough, however to cause this problem. Just came back on 700 mile trip running 70 mph with air & traffic. I got 28.4 mpg.

power, style comfort totally loaded with features standard that you would pay more for on other cars.

Still a "WOW"
By Julien

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the quality, reliability and performance of a Lexus for thousands less. In 3 years, we've changed the oil and 1 light bulb. That's it! It goes like stink (that might explain the gas mileage), does it quietly (allowing us to truly enjoy the car's great audio system) all the while feeling secure (even our son loves how the car handles). Incredible Bang for the Buck. 3 people have bought an Azera on our recommendation and love their car as much as we do. Hyundai's Best Kept Secret.

Roominess (big back seat), Head Room (even with the Sunroof), Trunk Cargo Volume, Engine Power and Smoothness, Heated Front Seats, Power-adjustable Foot Pedals, Electroluminescent Gauges, Integrated Memory System (2 settings), Rain-sensing Wipers, Power Rear Sunshade and Power Folding Side Mirrors.

Battery Saver Feature like GM in case interior lights are accidentally left on. One switch that turns all interior lights on and off at once instead of each one separately. A brighter trunk light. Integrate transmitter into key like Honda Accord because it hits the dash when going over bumps.

time for a new one
By ralfyb

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 42000 on my 06 azera and am going to get a 09 I was going to trade it in but the value is terrible I do not understand this car had 2 problems a broken head rest clip and a seat switch they really should value this car more they have made a lifetime Hyundai buyer out of me I plan On keeping my 06 and letting my daughter use it why should i give up the 100000 Great car keep up the good work

the leather is a little hard to clean

2006 Azera Ltd... we like it!
By CarBuff

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Fast, fun to drive. Excellent build quality and a lot of room both in the rear seat and the trunk! Gas mileage is not good enough in today's market. I get about 21 city and about 25 highway. I have also had some electrical issues with seat belt light coming on and headlights flickering. Overall a great car for the money.

Fit and finish, roominess, trunk, styling

Improve gas mileage to about 24 city 30 highway and you've got a winner ++