Used 2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

2012 Hyundai Accent GLS Sedan, Bluetooth, Cruise
By Sampath Pinniti

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is great car. Having all the features like Bluetooth, Cruise control, Fog lights, good cargo space.

Engine manufacturing defects
By Elizabeth

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Hyundai in August 2013 with 16,000 miles on it. In 2014 it began making a whiney noise when accelerating. By 2016, the noise was happening frequently, and the car seemed sluggish. November 2016 I brought it into the dealership, and they replaced the small engine block. Now, May 2017, the same noise has returned!! This is an unacceptable defect in the engines, they need to be recalled!!

Dreamy coupe
By Janet

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

It's cute reliable and fun to drive also easy on the wallet, and I have three kids !! I love my accent!!

Think twice
By Jordan Bocanegra

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I was so excited when I purchased my 2012 Hyundai Accent (from a private seller with 53k miles) it is my first car and I found it very stylish. It doesn't have much to offer on the inside, no cruise control no Bluetooth but I loved it... For about a month. The car is so low to the floor that simply tapping the parking barrier when parking can damage the undercarriage. Something I didn't know until my check engine light came on and I brought it to the dealer. Turns out my av compressor got pushed back into the radiatior, and long story short it cost me 2600 dollars in repairs. One month after buying it. Another thing is when you're driving the car it won't go past 45/50 mph until it goes over 2k rpm and that's an annoying trait in a car especially if you highway drive. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have purchased this car. It's not the worst in the world, but definitely not the best.

I love my car
By jg523

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Accent for a little over three years now, and I've gone over 80,000 miles in her. She has not given me ONE problem with the engine. Even when I haven't taken her in for regular service in WAY too long or have been driving her long distances with a lot of weight, she is entirely reliable. Now, she's had trouble with other people hitting her, but even those repairs have been perfect and she's back up and running in no time and with no after effects. She also gets great gas mileage; on one 8-hour interstate driving trip recently I filled up before leaving and then only once more when I got close to my destination. My husband is 6'4" and even he fits comfortably in the car.

Maneuverability, reliability, speed

No spare tire, which is annoying. That should be included (or at least made evident on purchase, so that I had the option to buy one then; fortunately I learned it was missing and have yet to need one, though the day is coming). The door handles on my vehicle are white plastic that was painted black, and the paint is wearing off. Better design there would be preferable. Front bumper too low. I'm constantly dragging the underside of the front bumper on curbs and parking guards, and it makes the whole bumper pop out of place. My dealership had to drill my bumper back into place to make it stay put.