Used 2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Bought two and they are a great value!
By xmix

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

We bought two 2012 Accents. One now has over 90k and the other 78k. We do a lot of driving with them. They have been the most dependable cars we have ever owned. Very good in the snow for a small car. The seats support your back. The paint looks as new as the day we got them. We can't say enough about the great value.

3 years strong
By mdelarosa45

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I come from a family of mechanics and live in TX I have owned my hatchback accent for 3 years, bought it with 4 miles on the odometer. Now have 65k miles on it and have yet to have any mechanical problems with it, very little maintenance. Original tires wear out at 35k miles. I have driven this car icy conditions, the car handled very well, the front wheel drive and traction control did their job. Braking is very sensitive but stops good. Acceleration sucks. But Eco mode saves gas! This is a great city car, saves gas and handles curves relatively well despite it not being a performance vehicle, under 70mph it feels very safe handling. MY HYUNDAI IS A VERY RELIABLE CAR I WOULD RECOMMEND IT!

-Gas saver! and Hyundai made good on their promise to reimburse me for the original estimated MPG error. -Great daily driver car, beats the competitors in its class for 2012 on horse power -I have driven through some bad storms and bad Ice, it did surprisingly well vs rear wheel drive vehicles I saw stranded everywhere. -Bluetooth stereo system, and fog lights, relatively good looks for being a small car. -Interior is roomy, not a lot of road noise, engine is quiet idling.

Air conditioning could be a little bit stronger. Having a spare tire would be nice but not truly necessary my insurance will take care of me if anything happens. The stiff suspension makes it tough to go on long road trips. Seats could be more comfortable too specially some lumbar support since Im tall it would be nice. If you have an Iphone or Ipod you have to buy a crummy connection from Hyundai for it to work with the car, I hated it.

Not Happy with my Hyundai Accent
By 75caddie

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought mine in 2011. One of the first models. I liked the looks inside and out. So I bought it. After owning it for 2 1/2 years I will say that I hate this car. I read previous
reviews and would like to let them know that they are not alone. They brought up the same complaints that I had.Poor rear visibility. If this car comes with a rear wiper for a reason.LCD display. (see previous poster)
Cheap tires. Do not buy one with the cheap tires.They suck.
No spare tire. I swear to God and all that is Holy that was one of the dumbest moves I have ever made.
Driving in snowstorms or on slushy roads. Forget it. If you are not used to snowy/slippery roads, just pull over and hope you live.

My favorite feature is the warranty. Hyundai Motors knows their products are not what was advertised. That is why I you get an Hyundai MPG rewards card. If you own an Hyundai make sure you get your money from the false MPG that was promised when you purchased you're auto. The dealership where I purchased mine was top notch. I wen't there Thursday 3/6/14 for an state inspection sticker, informed my dealer rep. about the abnormal wear and tear on the drivers seat, and to my suprise I will get a brand new seat next week. Will post back when they keep their word.

I wanted an manual transmission. When I purchased mine they were available but hard to find. This car would be a fun and safer car if it had one. The automatic six speed computer controlled transmission is an shame on Hyundai.

Great looks and great value!
By rlfeen

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for about a year and a half ~36k. I loved the way the new Hyundais looked and I decided on the Accent. I got a silver SE trim. I love black interior, fog lights and rims.
MPG's aren't that great for such a small car. AVG is 27/36

This is a great handling car. Engine is a bit noisy, however it is very responsive and you can really get up and go when needed. Drove this thing from
Maryland to California and it did great.

After about 10k I drove through a pretty deep puddle during a hurricane and the engine was damaged (my fault 100%). I ended up having to replace the engine. Hyundai wouldn't cover it because it was "water damaged," but my insurance did cover it.

Interior is beautiful, however it can feel cramped if someone is behind you. (I am a big guy 6' 280 lbs). Exterior is gorgeous. Headlights are beautiful, as well as lines on the car. Good quality. It definitely feels like an Asian car; it's light. But you get a nice solid "thunk" when you close ALL doors. Very smooth ride except over bumps, (i.e. city driving). Highway is fine and has plenty of power to pass.

Big blind spot. Display is SO BRIGHT at night. There is a display button to turn it off but whenever you hit any radio button or even turn the volume up, it comes right back on. Front bumper has a lot of chips in it. The paint durability on the bumper is disappointing on such a newer car. Rest of the paint is good, however. (I have a detailing business on the side and I take really good care of my cars). My Mom's Elantra does the same thing. I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber and the bumper doesn't do this?

dissapointed
By gismo2012

I
bought a 2012 accent last yr new,I like the style and interior but the performance of it is very bad,last winter i had an experience I have never felt with any car,the roads were slushy and I had no control of the car,it was all over the road,stearing went
one way and tires went another,also felt like I had no brakes took to dealer,of
cource they found nothing also the gas,oh my god it eats gas,and the gas gauge is way off all the time,the range gauge that tells you how much further you can drive on that tank drops 2-3 miles as you are driving,even if I go a block.I have the digital gas gauge and that drops fast to,The dealer says nothing wrong,of course.

I like the dash,and it came with sirrus radio which is nice,I like the style but performance is bad.