Used 2008 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Super Little Car at a low price
By Glenn

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my new Accent for a few months now. This is the 4th Hyundai I have owned and Hyundai never lets me down. The best warranty out there. The best price for a small car out there. The 2-door Accent is sporty, peppy, has style and class you cannot find in anything in this price range. I bought the vehicle with automatic and AC with XM satellite radio and CD for only $11,200 including TT&L. No one could come close to that price. Not Aveo, Fit, Yaris, or anything else.

The sporty feel and of course the gas economy.

Hyundai has got to do something about the front seat belts. You have to reach way back to get the belt. A real pain.

Great Car
By kevperro2

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had it for a month and no regrets. It is what it is. A small efficient car that is inexpensive to buy, own and operate. In addition to that the car is well put together. It feels tight with everything working the way it should. Hyundai has really closed the gap with the Japanese. I am VERY happy with this purchase.

Economy, price and build quality. I'm a pragmatic person and this is a very functional car with lots of space. My favorite feature is the build quality. Nothing feels cheap. Nice car for a very nice price and I'm averaging 36 MPG in mixed city/hwy driving.

Anti-lock brakes should be standard. A 6-spd transmission with a nice tight shift linkage would be VERY nice. The door scratches easily. If Hyundai could deliver those upgrades and keep price <$12,000 it would be the car to beat in this class.

Great Value
By kevperro

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only 1000 miles on her but I'm extremely happy with the car. It isn't a fast car but feels very well built, is fun to drive and is extremely high-value. I drove all the competition and liked the Accent for both the interior layout, quality feel, conservative design and price. It was a good $4500 cheaper than the Honda Fit. Gas mileage was 36 MPG on first tank with mostly highway driving. In town driving on 2nd tank was down around 31 MPG. That could improve with break-in, airing up the tires and synthetic oil. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase. Hyundai has made incredible strides in quality. Fit/finish is as good or better than the Japanese cars.

Fuel Economy, Price, Warranty, functionality and interior volume for class of car. I like the way it is built. Hyundai has made enormous strides in Q/C. It is solidly built and feels like a much more expensive car.

Anti-lock brakes should be standard on all vehicles. Wish it didn't have the TPS monitoring (required by the govt.) I wish it had a 6th gear in the manual gearbox and shorter throw. I wish it had better visibility out the rear hatch. There is no perfect car.

2008 accent big gas saver
By iner9

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for commuting in the NYC area I own a 07 silverado its a Nice truck but too much fuel this 08 accent took care of that its a pleasure to drive love the radio XM the air its always ice cold 6 airbags love the warranty had to pay extra for my gm one its a Nice car for the price got mine for 13,500 had pinstripe on it front rear mats cargo net and rear cargo mat thanks Hyundai keep up the good work got 600 miles on it no problems.

love the xm radio 6 air bags the am fm mp3 xm radio a gas saver

I should have bought the one with power Windows that the only thing I have a prob with not a lot too choose from.

Kurt 2008 accent GS
By khardiman77

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have to get use to the small engine but it runs great on the highway it will run with some of the best out there on the highway with know problems at all.

I like the XM radio the sporty look i get alot of looks like wow that car has came along way

slow acceleration when taking off could improve that other than that i love the car