Used 2006 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Not the fuel mileage you would expect!
By kgirl

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car specifically to get better gas mileage as my old car, a '99 Buick Century, was getting up there and losing it's MPGs (about 20- 21). As the gas prices soared, I thought I could and should do better, it was time for a new car. With all the Hyundai spots advertising 30/39, I thought the Accent would save me so much money in the future. Wrong! The car only gave me 21MPGs out of the gate. I bought one of those air flow jobbies and only got it up to 23- 24MPGs. I could have stayed in my Buick for this and it was already paid off! The look and the reliability are great, but I'm so disappointed overall. What was the point if the MPGs aren't nearly what they're claiming them to be?!

The reliability is great. The car looks good and handles well. It's very cute overall.

I don't find the seat very comfortable. It really needs some kind of lumber adjustment. The car really has no oomph when it comes to acceleration, but does hold speed very well in the higher gears. The seat fabric is cheap and stains easily. Why no cruise control option?!!!

Accent Is Solid but MPGs stink!
By steve30122

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Accent after beginning to have trouble with my previous car, a VW Jetta Turbo. Notice my ratings above, they are completely honest. I have been very disappointed with the gas mileage for a car this size and with this little performance. My fuel economy averages in the mid-20s overall. I did exceed 30 mpg on a couple of long road trips, but only reached 33 mpg. Performance is pitiful if not down right dangerous. Its difficult to enter a crowded Intrste Hwy w/o getting pummeled. Now here's the good stuff. Haven't had a single hiccup with this car. The reliability has been perfect for 2 yrs/53K even in tough, city driving. The design and build have far exceeded my expectations.

Smooth quiet ride (for a small, compact and cheap car) Descent trunk space for a sub-compact.

MORE HP!!! And MORE HP with improved gas mileage (see 2006 Honda Civic).

Great Car
By Sherry

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. Fun to drive and great gas milage. Mine is an automatic and it gets up and goes. I get around 38mpg on the road and around 34 in town. I'm not afraid to go anywhere in my car. Read other reviews, not getting good gas milage. Don't understand why.

Great gas milage. Handles great. Good ride and confy.

Would be nice to have power windows

Hyundai Accent Review
By Hal

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car to own. Sometimes need to double clutch to get in reverse gear. But this is only a slight inconvenients - not a problem to be concerned about. Excellent car to tow behind a Motorhome, just put in neutral, turn key to "ACC", and off you go (I pull the fuse for the dash on long tows).

1. Size - ease of parking and maneuvering. 2. Gas mileage - 33mpg 3.Good power and acceleration

1. Make sliding into reverse gear easier. 2. Change owner's manual to identify ability to tow behind a Motorhome.

Entry level almost premium quality
By the twin

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I´ve had the car for six months now, the build quality for its price is excellent, the ride, handling and the motor are better than my honda jazz/fit, but you have to sacrifice on gas mileage and top premium finish. The stereo is good compared to cars in its price range. I bought this car vs onother honda jazz/fit, because of its lower price,more space and motor.I love my honda,but liked more the looks of the hyundai sedan,its larger interior space and more motor.If you prefer low gas mileage and don´t mind small interior and like top premium quality materials for a compact sedan, get the honda, for space, larger motor and good quality built at low price, get the hyundai.

Best features in the car, are the ride quality, it easily competes with my honda jazz/fit, and maybe better. Quality materials not as good as the honda, but it´s just below the honda.

Poor gas mileage for a 1.6ltr. engine, but an advantage is it responds well for such a mall engine and for being automatic.