Used 2003 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Accent for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Excellent City and Family Car!

driver_lori, 08/06/2012
GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 Accent with 4 miles on it for $11,500. Perfect city car - fits into small spots and not very likely to be vandalized. Then I lived in an area with steep hills and never got stuck, even with ice and snow. The car complained about making it up the hills but always did. Definiltey not a lot of power but does the trick. Fast forward 7 years and my husband and I now use the car with our twins rear-facing. We can fit the double stroller in the truck with room to spare and a single stroller in back. There's enough leg room. I have to laugh at people who think they need an SUV....the Accent is perfectly adequate! No major repairs and I'm at almost 140K miles!!

"econobox"

gk fs, 10/14/2009
GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Had the car since 10/03. It has 75k on it now and while its not a fantastic car, it performs ok. Just ok. When it was new, it was very peppy. Now its sluggish and, while it will jump when needed, its not something I try to do often. Handles on a dime to be sure but braking feels mushy even on new brakes. I'm on my 3rd tranny. What started as a ticking became gears getting stuck and grinding. 2 door handles broke. Engine loudly taps when cold but goes away. Tape deck broke. Battery brackets snapped. Rigged a way to hold it. Trunk space is ok if the item is wide but not deep or tall. At 6'1 its a cozy ride. Knee is either on cupholder or autostick. Bumps od switch... Yet to leave me stranded

Nice Automobile

steveg46, 05/05/2004
GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in September of 2003, got a really great deal. Had one minor problem with the car, the right rear brake had a click in it, and it was fixed right the first time. If you really want more power out of the engine put in a K & N air filter, it makes a big difference in the performance.

Cheap, Great Cars!

Ashley, 10/18/2006
GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's so hard to find a foriegn car for a reasonable price. The Hyundai Accent is a reliable car for a great price. It definatley beats American made cars and are absolutely wonderful. I love mine!!

Good Basic Transportation

Chris, 04/27/2007
GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was purchased mainly for my wife, and she loves it. It is almost 4 years old now and it has NEVER broken down. All I have done was change the oil & filter every 3,000 miles. Sure, it could have more power, but what do you expect. In a vehicle this size MPG is more important than horsepower, and besides, my wife never seems to complain that it is slow, so I guess it is not that bad.

12345...7