Used 2003 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Great Commuter Car
By skierx420

2003 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I purchased a 2003 Hyundai Accent base 2 dr. This car is a stripper. It was exactly what we wanted. 2 dr 5 speed. It has a radio and AC. Thats it. This car gets excellent fuel economy. We drive in rual Iowa. This car does well in the snow. We average over 20k miles a year because of our 50+ mile commute. The thing that this car lacks is power at low rpms. Rev it up and it has lots of pep. Hyundai makes use of all the available space and can seat 4 adults in reasonable comfort. The 5 speed makes this car a fun drive. This is my first foreign car and I am impressed with the build quality and the ease of maintaining it. My other car is a full size 89 Dodge RamCharger 4x4.

Great fuel milage. Uses space wisely. 2 dr 5 speed. Just plain. But man is it fun to drive.

The 14 inch wheels could be 15 inch. The fuel tank could be larger. A tachometer would be nice on the base model.

Excellent car for the money!
By Rami

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for the price!! Been driving it for 2 years now, and it drives like a champ. I love the stereo system! But i wish it had cruise control. It also looks pretty good. My personal preference is White color with cream interior! Awesome!

6-speaker stereo system! Very clear! Folding backseats!

Cruise Control

Surprised
By Mickey J

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ex wife took my cadillac so I bought this small car. I did not think I would be happy but to my surprise I really like it. It has been trouble free unlike my cadillac, It has enough power and the comfort is surprising for a small car. Gas milage has been 36.5 overall which is better than the sticker. It has been a great value for the money.

It does everything good enough, maybe not outstanding but good enough I cant complain. Looks ok too.

At the time I got this cruse control was not availabe, I would like cruse.

Great Car
By Roxanne

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's dependable, it gets great gas mileage. For a little car it has some pick up and go, more so than I thought it would. My only complaint is the small tires. My next car will be a Hyundai

Get up and go.

Bigger tires.

The Little Car that pleases
By Hyundai Accent

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Hyundai in 03. It was nice looking, and I loved that it had great fuel economy. I shopped for price, value and a car to take me into retirement without the headaches of expensive repairs. It has been almost 2 years now and I finally acknowledged to myself that I had a great deal. I wish I could have waited for 04 but time doesn't wait. My best friend bought the Sonata and we are both pleased. So much so that we are driving almost 7000 miles this Spring.

Power Steering, Latches in car for trunk, gas cover, air bags, and general looks. It is a nice car for anybody young or old, working or not. It performs on command.

Maybe softer seats would be nice.