Used 2009 HUMMER H3T Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific H3T model:

So far, big fan...
By Jonesy

2009 HUMMER H3T 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased my 2009 H3t about 2 weeks ago. It's my first truck and I was a little worried going from a sports car (Nissan 350z) to this, but so far I love it. Mine is black,the dealership threw on black Hummer rims, and this truck in black on black looks awesome. Not fast by any means, but thus far I'm getting about 420 miles on a tank with the i5 which is fine with me. Didn't get it to work on a farm or anything hardcore, but for running around the desert trails out here in Arizona it has been great.

The looks! Get one blacked out and it looks supermean. The interior is simple, but looks great. It just looks unique...I think even better than the H2T.

Either make an inline 5 with more horsepower or put in a V6. While it sounds cool when I have to put the pedal to the floor, it is slow getting it from 45 to 70 mph.

Great truck for my job!
By TransmitterDoc

2009 HUMMER H3T 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

The nature of my work requires me to get to remote transmitter sites regardless of weather conditions. The H3T manages the winter weather with ease, and has no problem with rough terrain. The truck rides well and is comfortable.

The overall ruggedness of this truck is the best feature. The smooth ride is surprising. Bluetooth hands free cell phone link was a nice surprise. The cargo rails in the bed are great!

A locking tailgate would be nice. The Monsoon sound system should play MP3 disks or have an auxiliary input jack.

Excellence On and Off Road
By Joy

2009 HUMMER H3T Alpha 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best off road vehicle I have ever driven! Drove them all. Great ride over rock, up rock and through the creeks. No stopping this one

Ride is great. You are in touch with what's below but you don't feel every jolt. I got the 33 in tires this time and I think they add stability and better handling

Lockable compartments would be great. Nowhere to stow watch and camera when we kayak

last GM product
By mailman2000

2009 HUMMER H3T 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

worst piece of junk. I left on vacation on 1/31 transmission burned up with 1,800 miles on it the truck is still at the dealership in colorado being repaired i'm in Dallas and GM says'it's your problem getting it back to Texas.

looks

service, mpg's, realiabilty

Disaster!
By tyler

2009 HUMMER H3T Alpha 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my ranch and it doesn't even work half of the time. I have always loved Hummers. I had a Range Rover for my ranch to drive up in the mountains and go off roading in. Owned a Hummer H2 before that. I am going back to a Range Rover. I hate this car!

Exterior design. I bought it for the exterior look. Mistake

Small rear seats. Can't seem to go up a hill.